Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Few questions about spotting at Heathrow

Hello,

I'm planning to visit LHR next month and I have few questions about this visit:

1) What is the best way to get to Heathrow from Luton? I'm thinking about National Express coach, but maybe there's a better way.
    2) What is the best way to get from Heathrow T1-2 to spots at RWY27R? And what's the best way to get from locations at RWY27R to RWY27L (or the opposite way)?
    3) Is it legal to use airband scanners in the UK?
    4) Which lens would you recommend: 100-400mm or 150-600mm? Does it make any sense to take much heavier 150-600mm?

Thanks in advance for any advices,
    Best regards,
    Pawel

1. That's probably the easiest way without having to transit through central London.
    2. The local buses are free to use around the airport perimeter. You can also walk from 27R-L if you are up for it. You can also take the Underground from the Airport to Hatton Cross (1 stop) and walk over the road to Myrtle Ave.
    3. It's fine to use a scanner.
    4. 100-400 will be fine and in some cases a little too much for certain aircraft at spots like Myrtle Ave. Only if you were doing 09R banking shots from Feltham Park would I say 150-600, even then 100-400 is fine.

Comment

Thank you

Comment

Working...
      X