Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uploading airport overview shots of non-airports

Hello,
    I have to upload a photo of a control tower, but the airfield is not an airport. If it'd be an aircraft I'd choose Airport: Other location, but it isn't. So, since it has not a ICAO code and I can't follow the process from "Upload Guidelines 1.2.2.: When uploading airport overview pics the 4 letter code is to be entered in both the registration & airport code boxes." how can I upload it?
    Many thanks,

Alessandro

We're not ignoring you. I cannot find a way of doing it either !
    If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

Originally posted by Alessandros View Post
      Hello,
      I have to upload a photo of a control tower, but the airfield is not an airport. If it'd be an aircraft I'd choose Airport: Other location, but it isn't. So, since it has not a ICAO code and I can't follow the process from "Upload Guidelines 1.2.2.: When uploading airport overview pics the 4 letter code is to be entered in both the registration & airport code boxes." how can I upload it?
      Many thanks,

Alessandro

As mentioned in the upload guidelines: "When uploading airport overview pics [...]"

At the time, when we introduced this possibility, we were really only thinking about photos of airports. If buildings are outside the airport, it simply does not fit to our actual requirements and I don't see any way to upload them.
      My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

You use an airport code for the autofill and then manually switch the Location to Other Location and remove the registration code in the registration field. However the motive requirements are still the same.

Comment

Ok, so what I have to do? As Seahawk said: inserting another code and then changing it manually, or as A343 said -if I understood correctly- do not upload it?
          For info this is the photo I was talking about:
          Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0311_1200.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	895.0 KB
ID:	1015532
          The airfield has a ICAO code which is LIAT but it isn't usable on AFTN messages

Comment

Old Pontedera airport?

Comment

Originally posted by seahawk View Post
              Old Pontedera airport?
              Well, yes but no: it is near Pontedera but 9km SE of it. It is a great airfield, almost a small grass-runway airport.

Comment

Aviosuperficie della Valdera?

Comment

Originally posted by seahawk View Post
                  Aviosuperficie della Valdera?
                  Yes, it is

Comment

Working...
                  X