X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MAG
    replied
    Hi!

Is this rule about hot photo applicable to all type aircrafts (civilian and military) as well to daylight and night shots?

following will be accepted as hot
    3. Any change to the colour scheme (for example: removal of a special scheme, new stickers)

Leave a comment:

• f1hgu
    replied
    Hi

This 2 links are deads

1.2.7 Detailed guideline for information

A detailed guide for civilian airlines can be found here

A detailed guide for military airlines can be found here

Leave a comment:

• yazn
    replied
    Hey guys, i just have a small query to what you consider "Night shots", and more so to the ones shot at early morning.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	jp1.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	322.6 KB
ID:	1016358

Name:	jp3.jpg
Size:	484.3 KB
ID:	1016359

Name:	Screen Shot 2017-08-17 at 23.18.06.jpg
Size:	24.6 KB
ID:	1016360

here are three examples, from what i understand both AF a343 would be a night shot(a343 landing is a screenshot), and the Air Austral is a normal shot?
    what do we think?
    regards

Leave a comment:

• Backdraft7448
    replied
    ok, accepted.

Leave a comment:

• JTS
    replied
    Is it possible to split the "over\under" into "over" and "under"?
    sometimes a photo is rejected but it's not really clear if it was over or under...
    same for contrast - split into 'too much contrast" and "not enough contrast"
    many photographers shoot RAW images that can be fixed.
    Last edited by JTS; 2017-08-16, 04:39. Reason: typo

Leave a comment:

• Alex - Spot-This !
    replied
    Originally posted by MAG View Post
    Hi! I'd like to clearify "obstruction" as the reason for rejection.
    As I can understand from upload guidlines any obstruction is prohibited exception made only for airport equipment. Even if obstructed area is just several pixels.
    But I have two questions concerning this.
    1. From time to time I see photos on JP where some people (ussualy airport staff) obstruct the main object. For example a head obstruct the fuselage or a leg obstruct the weels. So my question. Obstruction by personal is accepted or it is just lucky accepted photos?
    2. Obstruction by fence is always prohibited or not? Sometimes at the airshow organisers use to mount a fence around exhibited aircrafts. And it's not possible to make a picture of full aircraft without obstruction. This fence is quite tiny and almost invisible in the photo but do obstruct the main object. And one more example. Sometimes the composition is interesting but from this angle you can not avoid small obstruction. Is there some exludions from this rule?
    hi,
    1) usually those are rejected. Now we can make exceptions for rare subject. We ask our crew to use some common sense. sometimes crew can be part of the motive but those are really exceptions. you can post example if wanted. In general we also reject shots if we feel the obstruction could have been easily avoidable (like a snow pole on a taxiing plane)

2) We also try to be nice on airshow or exhibition shots. Sometimes we feel like people forget that before being screeners we are all spotters and know perfectly how painful those fences can be.

hope it helps
    Cheers

Alex

Leave a comment:

• MAG
    replied
    Hi! I'd like to clearify "obstruction" as the reason for rejection.
    As I can understand from upload guidlines any obstruction is prohibited exception made only for airport equipment. Even if obstructed area is just several pixels.
    But I have two questions concerning this.
    1. From time to time I see photos on JP where some people (ussualy airport staff) obstruct the main object. For example a head obstruct the fuselage or a leg obstruct the weels. So my question. Obstruction by personal is accepted or it is just lucky accepted photos?
    2. Obstruction by fence is always prohibited or not? Sometimes at the airshow organisers use to mount a fence around exhibited aircrafts. And it's not possible to make a picture of full aircraft without obstruction. This fence is quite tiny and almost invisible in the photo but do obstruct the main object. And one more example. Sometimes the composition is interesting but from this angle you can not avoid small obstruction. Is there some exludions from this rule?

Leave a comment:

• StefBrat
    replied
    A question concerning the small prop category.

Till now afaik it was a small prop with one prop engine only. Does it NOW mean it can also has two engines and is considered as small prop?
    C172 - still small prop of course
    King Air C90 - Small prop?

And how strict or you with the pax amount? I mean some planes can carry from to passenger amounts. How should we know if it’s 9 pax or 10 pax if it’s not clear...

Leave a comment:

• brianw999
    replied
    Is there any way to make the tools available when we are processing instead of having to process, upload, and then delete the upload if there is an error. It would be especially useful if we could have the equalisation tool available in this manner. Surely it could be made available as a plug-in for Photoshop ?

Leave a comment:

• Brenden S
    replied
    Alex, I am fully aware of the tools available, but would be good to provide examples to people who really have not much of an idea on the technical side of photography.

Leave a comment:

• Alex - Spot-This !
    replied
    Originally posted by Brenden S View Post
    Jetphotos.net links do not work.

Also special scheme - EK aircraft with the decal at the front on the A380's as it is common I would say no to special scheme?

Also can you please add in screen shots of the screening tools for
    Dust Spots
    Dark/Over exposed
    Contrast
    As these are majority of rejections along with soft/blurry (From when I was a screener)
    Broken link is gone
    JP tools are now available for everyone to check his pics in queue or his rejections.

Thanks
    Alex

Leave a comment:

• Brenden S
    replied
    Jetphotos.net links do not work.

Also special scheme - EK aircraft with the decal at the front on the A380's as it is common I would say no to special scheme?

Also can you please add in screen shots of the screening tools for
    Dust Spots
    Dark/Over exposed
    Contrast
    As these are majority of rejections along with soft/blurry (From when I was a screener)
    Last edited by Brenden S; 2017-07-10, 14:32.

Leave a comment:

• Alex - Spot-This !
    replied
    Originally posted by Pablo Gaviria View Post
    Recently I uploaded a photo ( https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/8640906 ), I uploaded it as "hot", because it has a new paint job. Is OK to do this?
    Yes, nothing has changed about the hot photos.

Regards
    Alex

Leave a comment:

• Pablo Gaviria
    replied
    Recently I uploaded a photo ( https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/8640906 ), I uploaded it as "hot", because it has a new paint job. Is OK to do this?

Leave a comment:

• brianw999
    replied
    If you do not have a shot of a particular aircraft then you can upload it with no problem however common it is. What we are saying is that if an image has a small possibility of being rejected we will give consideration to accepting it if it has a high degree of rarity.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X