Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: new sony

Originally posted by gdg9
    I'm saving to buy the 717 myself. Then I can get some decent shots for a change!
    The discontinued 717 will be at a bargain price...make sure you shop around gdg9!
    www.edinburghairport.org.uk

View my Jetphotos:
    www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=1753

Comment

Originally posted by Gerry
      ...stop talking hot air...

Oh Philip, we're very sorry to annoy you.
      You must be one of those DSLR professionals, right?

Gerry
      Oh no. No need to be sorry....but maybe you could think a little more about what you write in here...its simply wrong *hint* *hint*

and yes I use a DSLR, anyway never claimed to be professional did I?
      greetings,
      Philip

Comment

greetings,
        Philip

Comment

when?

Any idea when exactly they will discontinue the 717 and bring out the 828? LIke I said earlier, I heard early 04, but any concrete word?
          DFW Tower.com

Comment

Joe, Gerry

While the Canon 300D is a great camera the Sony F707/717 is better in some ways. I was using the F707 since nearly day 1 and then changed to Canon because I was getting mad at Sony for changing delivery dates all the time. I felt I needed a upgrade.

The F707 is good in respect to nightshots. All my nightshots turn out better on the F707 than the 300D. Its also good to get the camera on the ground with the tilting LCD. Something you cant do with the Canon unless you want to lie on the ground and get covered in ****....

The F707 is great when it comes to dull days, the shaddows and the colours seems to stand out more than the Canon.

All in all the Canon 300D is a better Camera but then what people have to notice is that each camera has it's pro's and con's and the F707 it still way up on top of my list. The F707 was the greatest stepping stone I could have ever asked for..

I have some stunning 300D shots which I will upload when I have time.
            If you guys love Scotland?? Or just want to see some 300D photos take a look at

www.pbase.com/cabbott1 then look around.

Colin

Comment

>>The F707 is great when it comes to dull days, the shadows and the colours seems to stand out more than the Canon. <<

I said that from the beginning Colin... We need all the help we can get
              in the sunless North.

View my Jetphotos:

Comment

Its also good to get the camera on the ground with the tilting LCD

Yes Colin, and alternatively, I was standing behind a large crowd whilst taking this shot.
                I had to hold the camera above their heads, tilt the lens down and look 'up' into the LCD screen to frame this bird.

....much more possibilities with the Sony......

....the sunless North

The weather has been fantastic for this time of year lately Joe!
                Next years daffodils are even out already.
                (Shaun, discard any reference to being 'Gay' in Wales, it's a horicultural remark)

Gerry

Comment

>>Yes Colin, and alternatively, I was standing behind a large crowd whilst taking this shot. <<

Great shot from the bridge! That bridge stood firm under the weight of
                  the large crowd.. My neighbour was there..

The bridge looks a great location for R24 take-offs... a 600mm prime
                  with a 2x extender might produce interesting results...

View my Jetphotos:

Comment

>>The weather has been fantastic for this time of year lately Joe! <<

I have been taking advantage of it... not shirtsleeve weather but
                    pleasant. I was out most mornings hoping to catch the MTV biz jets,
                    stupid really expecting these popstars to be out of bed before 3pm.

Radge wee middens?

View my Jetphotos:

Comment

Working...
                    X