Sony DSC-F828

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sony DSC-F828

This camera was announced in August. Anyone actually have one yet?

It seems to be a vast improvement on the 717 'stable'. 7x zoom etc.

Anyone?
    www.edinburghairport.org.uk

View my Jetphotos:
    www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=1753

ugh....I thought they are coming out with names like "F727" "F737" or "F747"
    Check out my photos at jp.net! http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=613

Comment

Originally posted by N27015
      ugh....I thought they are coming out with names like "F727" "F737" or "F747"
      Or perhaps the A380?

Seriously though...how many folk would have purchased the 300D
      if the new Sony had been available?

View my Jetphotos:

Comment

Why would you want the Sony over the 300D? Can you change lenses on the Sony, use external flash? I don't get it?

Comment

Originally posted by JeffinDEN
          Why would you want the Sony over the 300D? Can you change lenses on the Sony, use external flash? I don't get it?
          Granted but in terms of aviation photography the 717 'stable' was
          somewhat a standard..how many 717 photographers opted for the 300D.?

Look at the new Sony spec Jeff..imagine you are a little guy standing by the perimeter fence... One camera with a single Ziess T* lens that covers 28-200? Or a 300D that requires expensive lenses..not to mention the dust problem involved in changing lenses.

I hope I don't sound like a grumpy old man..but it's the way I see it...

View my Jetphotos:

Comment

Originally posted by fox1

Look at the new Sony spec Jeff..imagine you are a little guy standing by the perimeter fence... One camera with a single Ziess T* lens that covers 28-200? Or a 300D that requires expensive lenses..not to mention the dust problem involved in changing lenses.

I agree. Changing the lenses is just a pain in the neck. I would surely opt for the Sony (infact I have one!) instead of the 300D. Just my thoughts.

-Pete
            Pete Ganabathi
            Embry Riddle Aeronautical University

Fly Frontier Airlines - A Whole Different Animal

Comment

Originally posted by NWAirlinkCRJ@ERI
              Originally posted by fox1

I agree. Changing the lenses is just a pain in the neck. I would surely opt for the Sony (infact I have one!) instead of the 300D. Just my thoughts.

-Pete

good one!
              greetings,
              Philip

Comment

>>I agree. Changing the lenses is just a pain in the neck. I would surely opt for the Sony (infact I have one!) instead of the 300D. Just my thoughts. <<

Do you have the new Sony? If so, any samples.?

View my Jetphotos:

Comment

....Then that little guy standing near the fence wants more then his little camera can give him.....

Now what does he do?

-------------------------------------
                  Changing lenses is easy, and can be done in seconds.

Dust is not a problem. If I did not drive my car for fear of getting dust on it...where would I be? Just clean it....no problem.

Which do you want, a great 28, or a great 200? It won't be great for both. 200 is barely enough, thus the popularity of those screw on extenders.

Comment

That's a strange question you're posing Joe.
                    Are you thinking of changing from your 'Canon' > 'Sony' ?

Also, as a '707 user, I don't see anything in the '828 that is a great step forward to dump and upgrade.
                    An extra 10mm wide and 10mm tele zoom (equivalent), that's all.

I reckon it's only worhwhile upgrading to a '828 from the 3 megapixel type.

Also, to answer your other question Joe, I think 'big' Colin bought the 300D recently (Former '707 user).
                    I read his 300D posting elsewhere recently.

Gerry

Comment

Couldnīt agree with you more Jeff.
                      greetings,
                      Philip

Comment

I think there can be a bit of snobbery about DSLRs - yes, in absolute terms, the 300D is a better photographic tool than the Sony. But, are you into photography or into getting a few decent shots of aircraft?

Unless you're willing to invest the time to get the most out of the DSLR, and invest the money to get the lenses for those long tele shots, for many people the bottom line is that they will get good results, more often and with less hassle using the Sony (or similar).

Just make sure you know what you want before you buy. If you are after those "arty" shots, long telephoto, tricky action pics, go for the 300D, and prepare yourself for a learning curve.

Not everyone who collects aircraft pics needs to be into photography ... but at the same time, remember the Sony will limit the sorts of shots you can get.

Cheers,

Colin

Comment

I would in a heartbeat take the 300D over the 717 or 828. No questions asked. It a SLR over a point and shoot, for about the same price, i don't see the competition here.

Comment

I would in a heartbeat take the 300D over the 717 or 828. No questions asked. It a SLR over a point and shoot, for about the same price, i don't see the competition here.
                            Not the same price.
                            UK: '828 = 300D body only.

A full equivalent 300D package is much more.

Gerry

Comment

I agree with Jeff and SWACaptain. I own a Nikon N80 SLR and I love the tools it offers. An SLR type camera is so much more versatile than a compact and like Jeff said lenses can be changed in seconds. No pro photographer would use a compact camera for anything other than casual snap shots.
                              Follow me on Twitter! www.twitter.com/flyingphotog

Comment

Working...
                              X