• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks to the friendly screener :)

I uploaded the following pic:
    https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/8777217

got it rejected first with "bad info".
    Thatīs the only information you get when checking on the website at the profile at "rejected photos"
    Screener comments are not shown here!

So, therefore I was unsure what was wrong and appealed and asked for more information.

Meanwhile I got the e-mail with the screening results. Here I got the screeners comment. It was supposed to be Flybe (Stobart Air) instead of just Flybe.
    Ok, fine with that, and uploaded it with the correct info again. As the sticker is new, itīs hot.
    The appeal still wasnīt screened while the new upload was already accepted.

Finally the initial appeal came back with this friendly comment:
    "Why on earth do you appeal a rejection and upload it at the same time?????? What a waste of time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Well, instead of wasting time I actually wanted to save time!

Is this really necessary?
    First of all, it even kinda wasnīt my fault, as the website seems to be incorrect in showing screener comments. Sure, I could have waited for the mail. But how on earth could I know that it contains further information than the one shown on the website? ... And even if I was wrong.. Would this justify such a rude comment? Donīt think so.

I guess you can imagine the irony in the title now.
    Cheers.. from a disappointed frequent uploader

Originally posted by austria-max View Post
    I uploaded the following pic:
    https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/8777217

got it rejected first with "bad info".
    Thatīs the only information you get when checking on the website at the profile at "rejected photos"
    Screener comments are not shown here!

So, therefore I was unsure what was wrong and appealed and asked for more information.

Meanwhile I got the e-mail with the screening results. Here I got the screeners comment. It was supposed to be Flybe (Stobart Air) instead of just Flybe.
    Ok, fine with that, and uploaded it with the correct info again. As the sticker is new, itīs hot.
    The appeal still wasnīt screened while the new upload was already accepted.

Finally the initial appeal came back with this friendly comment:
    "Why on earth do you appeal a rejection and upload it at the same time?????? What a waste of time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Well, instead of wasting time I actually wanted to save time!

Is this really necessary?
    First of all, it even kinda wasnīt my fault, as the website seems to be incorrect in showing screener comments. Sure, I could have waited for the mail. But how on earth could I know that it contains further information than the one shown on the website? ... And even if I was wrong.. Would this justify such a rude comment? Donīt think so.

I guess you can imagine the irony in the title now.
    Cheers.. from a disappointed frequent uploader
    I don't see how you saved us time. Tell me one scenario in which an upload and an appeal at the same time saves us time.
    My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

Hi Gerardo!

As soon as I got the e-mail with the rejection concerning the normal screening, where finally the obvious reason was pointed out clearly, what to wait for?
      The appeal would have been rejected anyways, (which is totally correct - as mentioned above, the only reason I appealed was to get the information of what to change, as it was not clear at that time) and I would have had to upload it again in any case. So, from my point of view I donīt see where itīs either more or less workload for the screening team. But Iīm interested and willing to learn, so looking forward to seeing your explanation.

The way I chose, the picture was screened earlier at the end of the day - thatīs my point of view on timesaving.

And btw, thatīs the only point youīre picking out?
      Did you screen the picture?
      Iīm not mad at you or whoever it was. Iīm having bad days too, but just canīt understand that kinda overreacting to be honest.
      Itīs people at the other side too. I guess itīs clear what message Iīm trying to spread

Comment

Right, a few points.

1. Don’t use an appeal to ask for help. We have a forum for that.. https://forums.jetphotos.com/showthr...-advice-thread

2. Don’t reupload an image when you have an active appeal. Appeals are normally dealt with within 24hrs.
        If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

Thanks for your reply.
          Will do so next time, no problem at all. I might did unwittingly act wrong, Iīve no problem on accepting that.

And as none of you guys is picking up the other point, my conclusion must be, that doing something unintentionally wrong justifies a rude comment for you. Right?

Thank you

Comment

Max

Apologies if you felt the tone of the response was rude. As I'm sure you can appreciate we are doing our best and trying to reduce the queue and duplicating efforts can sometimes cause frustration. At least a lesson has been learned and for the record, I got the same aircraft today at Southend so you beat me to the first upload with the new sticker

Look forward to screening more of your images soon.
            Best regards,
            Dave

Saving the World, One Screened Image at a time...

Comment

Dave!

Of course I can understand, maybe better than many others, as I‘ve been screener for one of the big sites for many years.

And of course I appreciate, a lot!
              But I just could not leave this uncommented.

Sorry for you about the sticker though
              And for sure, get ready for my next shots!

Btw... we met at SXM, right?????

Greets Max

Comment

Max

Great to hear. Yes I think we did meet at Maho, cannot believe it was a year ago and such a shame what they have suffered this year with Irma.

Speak soon.
                Best regards,
                Dave

Saving the World, One Screened Image at a time...

Comment

Unfortunately you took the response as being rude when it was actually an exasperated response to a wasted upload. I am at a loss to understand how you think that what you did saves time ? Think about it. The appeal could be either accepted or rejected.

If accepted then we are left with a similar image in the queue that we will reject. That equals time wasted.
                  If rejected then we are left with an image in the queue that will also be rejected. That also equals wasted time.

That's the scenario for us. For you it involves a loss of two upload slots for a few days until the rejections clear from the database.

Actually, thinking about it, me typing this response is also wasted time as I could otherwise be attacking the queue by doing some screening.
                  If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

Originally posted by davepotter View Post
                    Max

Great to hear. Yes I think we did meet at Maho, cannot believe it was a year ago and such a shame what they have suffered this year with Irma.

Speak soon.
                    Indeed! Actually planned to go there this season again...
                    Hope they recover soon..

Comment

Working...
                    X