Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Too much or too little contrast?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Too much or too little contrast?

    Hello and sorry if I disturb again
    Although I have many photos published, I still encounter some difficulties to understand the rejections for this reason.
    Eg

    https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=6290240
    this is too much or too little contrast?

    https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=6274505
    I would like to know about this one
    Thanks to those who want to solve this problem.
    Sorry for my bad english

  • #2
    Hey

    Both have too little contrast. The shadows are too bright (gap on the left side of the histogram) and probably you can lighten the highlights.

    Only a try...not sure if this works!
    Have a nice weekend!
    Best Regards from Germany,
    Julian S.​

    Comment


    • #3
      Hello,

      The monitor you are using significantly affects perceived image. You must be always dependent on luminosity histogram to decide about parameters. Have a nice weekend.

      Comment


      • #4
        Thank you for the answers. I will try to better study the histograms in RAW filter

        Comment


        • #5
          Hey forum! I got (again) a picture rejected: https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=6280396

          but this one got accepted (https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/8807384), for me they look very similar so I did not understand why I got rejected.

          What do I need to improve on the Swiss to get accepted? More contrast, less? Is it fixable?

          Thanks a lot!!

          (just posting it here to be inclusive on the post as I have the same issue)

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by pauwelsc View Post
            Hey forum! I got (again) a picture rejected: https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=6280396

            but this one got accepted (https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/8807384), for me they look very similar so I did not understand why I got rejected.

            What do I need to improve on the Swiss to get accepted? More contrast, less? Is it fixable?

            Thanks a lot!!

            (just posting it here to be inclusive on the post as I have the same issue)
            Hey

            I have downloaded your picture for editing and this is what i have now. (left side edited / right side your original)
            Click image for larger version

Name:	48169_1514745225.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	816.3 KB
ID:	1021566
            I have only adjusted the levels, but, im not sure if this is enough or unfixable, probably a screener can give you this answer.

            Hope this helps a bit, have a nice weekend!
            Best Regards from Germany,
            Julian S.​

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Julian S. View Post
              Hey

              I have downloaded your picture for editing and this is what i have now. (left side edited / right side your original)
              [ATTACH=CONFIG]12802[/ATTACH]
              I have only adjusted the levels, but, im not sure if this is enough or unfixable, probably a screener can give you this answer.

              Hope this helps a bit, have a nice weekend!
              Nothing to add here, you nailed it. As far as I can see, that would be acceptable.
              My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by LX-A343 View Post
                Nothing to add here, you nailed it. As far as I can see, that would be acceptable.
                Well, then I will edit the original in the same way and add it to the queue.

                Thanks for the useful help Julian!

                UPDATE: added to the queue!

                Click image for larger version

Name:	HB-JBA edit bis.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	1.12 MB
ID:	1021571

                Comment

                Working...
                X