Good places for photography in HNL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good places for photography in HNL

Over thanksgiving I will be meeting up with my parents in HNL for 5 days and was wondering if there are any good places that anyone is aware of to get a few good pictures. One thing I plan on doing is climbing Diamondhead again. Last time whatever approach they were using was bringing aircraft right by diamondhead and with my 6x zoom I should be able to get some decent shots. Other than that, does anyone know of any good places closer to the airport that I would be able to get some good shots from? Thanks in advance.

There's a public park called Sand Island State Recreational Area where you can get some good shots of planes arriving and departing from the reef runway. You might want to have a long lens for this location though. It's accessible through Sand Island Access Road right off of Nimitz Highway. Another great spot is the very top level of the Inter-Island parking garage, you can see almost the whole aiport from up there. As of now, those are the only places to take pictures unless you want to take a chance by being arrested or detained on Lagoon Drive for taking pictures Other than that, you may also want to check out the open air terminal. Coming off a domestic flight puts you right near the open air terminal. Good Luck!

Comment

Working...
    X