Upload Limit Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upload Limit Problem

Two days ago I uploaded 10 photos and got the message that I had reached the daily limit. This morning I went in to upload an additional 10 photos to reach my limit of 20 photos in the queue and after two photos were uploaded I got the message that my queue limit had been reached and uploading was cut off. This has happened before. Is it a known problem? Can I do anything to upload to the maximum of 20 allowed?

Hi,
    We don't know who you are so it's hard to check but I suppose you have a few rejections in your backlog which counts as slots until they are cleared by the system (2 weeks after the rejection)

Regards
    Alex

Comment

If you get a lot of photos rejected at once (as has been the case with me in recent weeks) you'll lose quite a few slots as a result. Give it a few days, like say five or six days before you upload another batch of photos. And even then don't upload too many photos because if they all get rejected you will lose all your slots again and will have to wait about a week or two before you can upload again. The more photos you upload and the more that get rejected, the longer you have to wait before you regain all your slots again. I usually upload about three or four of my best photos and count on one or two being accepted, or all of them being accepted if I'm lucky. That way whatever the results, you don't lose too many slots. At least I think that's how it works. I do stand to be corrected.

Comment

Originally posted by Pta Aviation View Post
        If you get a lot of photos rejected at once (as has been the case with me in recent weeks) you'll lose quite a few slots as a result. Give it a few days, like say five or six days before you upload another batch of photos. And even then don't upload too many photos because if they all get rejected you will lose all your slots again and will have to wait about a week or two before you can upload again. The more photos you upload and the more that get rejected, the longer you have to wait before you regain all your slots again. I usually upload about three or four of my best photos and count on one or two being accepted, or all of them being accepted if I'm lucky. That way whatever the results, you don't lose too many slots. At least I think that's how it works. I do stand to be corrected.
        Actually, the way I see it is you have to do your own screening before you upload, only upload the best of the best you have. If there is anything not perfect about the photo and it's just a regular picture (not a rare plane or an airplane that gets a new picture uploaded every few weeks) I just get rid of it, often I will upload and notice something is not perfect and I will delete the upload. Only upload the best, thinking every upload will get accepted, instead of uploading 4-5 and "hoping" 1-2 will get accepted. I am not sure if screeners can see your overall accept/reject rate but I'm sure if your reject rate is already high they will take a closer look at each and every picture you send. I aim for 100% accepted, of course it doesn't happen but I try my best. Sometimes I have 250-300 pictures in my upload folder, but after my own self screening I will only have 100 left. I go thru many self "pre-screening" processes, first when I copy the files to my computer, then before I add them to my edit folder, once they are in Lightroom I will go thru them again (at that point I search the tail numbers on JP and see how "common" the aircraft is) then once I am done editing I will screen them all again and move them to my JP upload folder, and every once in a while I will go thru that folder and delete more, and once they are uploaded on JP I will check every one of them for dust, histogram, leveling, centering etc and decide if I need to keep it or not. I'm hoping doing all this helps the screeners because I am sure there's nothing worse than having to screen pictures that are way off in terms of what JP requires, I know in the beginning I didn't read ALL the upload rules and I had stupid rejections for things like centering, backlit and even dust spots, that could have been avoided had I read the rules and taken the time to check all of that before I uploaded.
        But to answer the OP, the upload page will tell you exactly how many "current" rejection slots you have (I believe it is in red) and you have to subtract those from your current upload limit (5 if you have less than 10 photos in the database or 20 if you have 10 or more photos in the database), so if for example it shows 4 rejections, now you only have 16 slots, not 20 as 4 of those slots are "occupied" by your 4 rejections for the 2 weeks after they were rejected.
        Hope that helps!

Comment

Originally posted by 71sbeetle View Post
          Actually, the way I see it is you have to do your own screening before you upload, only upload the best of the best you have. If there is anything not perfect about the photo and it's just a regular picture (not a rare plane or an airplane that gets a new picture uploaded every few weeks) I just get rid of it, often I will upload and notice something is not perfect and I will delete the upload. Only upload the best, thinking every upload will get accepted, instead of uploading 4-5 and "hoping" 1-2 will get accepted. I am not sure if screeners can see your overall accept/reject rate but I'm sure if your reject rate is already high they will take a closer look at each and every picture you send. I aim for 100% accepted, of course it doesn't happen but I try my best. Sometimes I have 250-300 pictures in my upload folder, but after my own self screening I will only have 100 left. I go thru many self "pre-screening" processes, first when I copy the files to my computer, then before I add them to my edit folder, once they are in Lightroom I will go thru them again (at that point I search the tail numbers on JP and see how "common" the aircraft is) then once I am done editing I will screen them all again and move them to my JP upload folder, and every once in a while I will go thru that folder and delete more, and once they are uploaded on JP I will check every one of them for dust, histogram, leveling, centering etc and decide if I need to keep it or not. I'm hoping doing all this helps the screeners because I am sure there's nothing worse than having to screen pictures that are way off in terms of what JP requires, I know in the beginning I didn't read ALL the upload rules and I had stupid rejections for things like centering, backlit and even dust spots, that could have been avoided had I read the rules and taken the time to check all of that before I uploaded.
          But to answer the OP, the upload page will tell you exactly how many "current" rejection slots you have (I believe it is in red) and you have to subtract those from your current upload limit (5 if you have less than 10 photos in the database or 20 if you have 10 or more photos in the database), so if for example it shows 4 rejections, now you only have 16 slots, not 20 as 4 of those slots are "occupied" by your 4 rejections for the 2 weeks after they were rejected.
          Hope that helps!
          ...and THAT folks describes someone who cares for their photography. Even now after 12 years with JP, 10 of them as a screener I check JP to see if I have anything that could be considered similar before I process the image. Spots are dealt with in processing and rechecked for on upload because the Photoshop equaliser is weaker than the JP equaliser. Halfway through the queue I generally check again in case I missed something. That includes a category and data check.
          Last edited by brianw999; 2018-01-17, 13:09.
          If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

I Have 90 photo's in the database and currently 6 rejections. I would have though i could upload 14, but i am not allowed to upload any??

Comment

What is your photographer's number or id ?

Comment

Originally posted by Alex - Spot-This ! View Post
                What is your photographer's number or id ?
                Not sure what my number is, but my name is Andrew Lesty.

TIA

Comment

Originally posted by AndrewL View Post
                  Not sure what my number is, but my name is Andrew Lesty.

TIA
                  I see four rejections currently in the system, and no images in the queue, meaning you should have 16 upload slots available to you. Is this not the case?

Comment

Yes i see the 16 slots, but when i try to upload, i load the photo (it gets validated OK) enter all the data but the 'upload photo' button at the bottom stays blue and nothing happens. I have tried using two browsers (chrome and firefox) at home and work and they all have the same problem.

TIA

Comment

Originally posted by AndrewL View Post
                      Yes i see the 16 slots, but when i try to upload, i load the photo (it gets validated OK) enter all the data but the 'upload photo' button at the bottom stays blue and nothing happens. I have tried using two browsers (chrome and firefox) at home and work and they all have the same problem.

TIA
                      Most likely there is some data missing that is preventing the form from giving the option of submitting the image.

Comment

....and for your future information your photographer I.D. number is 107125. You should have 6 slots available for today. (you have a max 20 slots with 10 allowed per day.)
                        If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

Thanks, you were right some data missing.

Comment

Working...
                          X