Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suggestions for a photo organiser

Hi all,

I've accumulated a large number of photos (both JPG and RAW files) and have so far been sorting them by date, manually; i.e., I get home, create a dated folder and dump the pictures in there.

I am looking for an application (preferably free), that could basically open up a folder and its subfolders, present me with the photos one-by-one, and allow me to tag it with the planes registration. I'd then like it to move the photo and it's raw file to a created folder with that registration, given that IMG0001.JPG corresponds to IMG0001.CR2.

I'm a programmer by trade, so I could do this myself, but it would save me quite a few hours if there is an existing solution out there.

Thanks.

Decided to write my own.
    Attached Files

Comment

Hi Jan,

I`m also a programmer and really like the idea to have a organizer by registration (to save time). Did you write in which language? You can have my support to do a complete software for this

Best,

Vinicius

Comment

Originally posted by vcruvinel View Post
        Hi Jan,

I`m also a programmer and really like the idea to have a organizer by registration (to save time). Did you write in which language? You can have my support to do a complete software for this

Best,

Vinicius

Hi Vinicius,

I wrote the app in C#. It's been working well for my personal needs, but with a bit of tweaking I am not opposed to making it available for others, or even making the source code available on Github.

Comment

Originally posted by jvdl View Post
          Hi Vinicius,

I wrote the app in C#. It's been working well for my personal needs, but with a bit of tweaking I am not opposed to making it available for others, or even making the source code available on Github.
          Nice, Jan.

Send me your e-mail address by PM and we can discuss more about this idea!

Comment

Originally posted by vcruvinel View Post
            Nice, Jan.

Send me your e-mail address by PM and we can discuss more about this idea!
            PM sent.

Comment

Working...
            X