• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad Info Help!

Hi,

I'm having very wired experience today and here is below:

- Foreground clutter

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

According to the upload guideline on foreground clutter, there is absolutely no clear boundary on defining what angle is acceptable. I have lots of air-ground shots, accepted, same as the rejected one, here is one example:

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

- Bad Info

Suggestion: I know sometimes people enter bad info. But regarding the current queue size, waiting time (like 14 days?), people not going to remember what they put into the aircraft detail when it's screened and get bad info. So I suggest give full detail of the photo (aircraft/airport) in upload queue and rejected so we can correct.

Thanks for everyone's attention!

Hi Brian,

I knew you will come before the admin and explain everything out ;D

How about this one? I got the message Bad Info - Genre, confused...

For the foreground clutter, does it mean it will be the screener's decision?

Again, thanks for coming

Comment

Originally posted by brianw999
      Seems a bit harsh but strictly speaking the stairs are obstructing the fuselage. The airline is also incorrect. It should be “Boeing Company” as it has a civilian test registration.
      USAF is correct since in full colors
      “The only time you have too much fuel is when you’re on fire.”

Erwin

Comment

Originally posted by xiantong View Post
        Hi Brian,

I knew you will come before the admin and explain everything out ;D

How about this one? I got the message Bad Info - Genre, confused...

For the foreground clutter, does it mean it will be the screener's decision?

Again, thanks for coming
        Military iso Civil.

Erwin

Comment

now... the confusion and "screening inconsistency" starts. Exactly reason I started this thread, I got the same photo rejected 2x, both ways.

Also I've got funny hot photo rejection (new aircraft under old registration) before saying: if we accept this photo, it will be hot. And in the upload guidance it clearly says hot but nor 24hr. Sometimes I have the question if some of the screeners don't even know the upload guideline.

Comment

Hi Erwins,

Can you point out which genre I should put for this photo?

Also, is this a flaw of the website: once I upload the photo, I couldn't see the details anymore other than the basic info (aircraft/airlines). So if bad info happens, I don't even know what I've done wrong.

Thanks for the attention!

Comment

OK, everyone, for the clutter, funny to see how the guidelines states:

3.5 Obstruction/clutter

......Exceptions may be made if the equipment forms part of the motive of the shot, such as in use de-icing equipment, or if the angle of the shot means only a small part of the aircraft is obstructed, such as ground power units/cargo loading devices.

very interesting, clearly in the example 1 pic, the ladder truck is blocking 1/2 of the plane. But you can't just equal that to an aero photo which the ladder only blocked the door, right?

Comment

The site works fine.
                And you got a msg with one of your rejects/appeals

You upload a USAF aircraft with mil serial as civil.
                Quite clear this should be military.

But seeing your multiple replies here I doubt you will see why your shots where correctly rejected.

Erwin

Comment

ErwinS,

Yes, of course I understand.

The problem is: once your photo rejects, the only detail left is the basic 4 lines of detail under the aircraft info, with the serial # blank. Also same thing happens with the queued photo, you have to pull up the correction menu to see the full detail.

Comment

Also the mediocre standard regarding "clutter" standard, I have a question.

I've been uploading photo for 10 years, if it is not a real problem/question, I won't say a thing.

Comment

ErwinS,

Yes, of course I understand.

The problem is: once your photo rejects, the only detail left is the basic 4 lines of detail under the aircraft info, with the serial # blank. Also same thing happens with the queued photo, you have to pull up the correction menu to see the full detail.
                      And checking your info via the correct info button is 5 sec max.

So I fail to see what is wrong with the site.

I am more surprised you upload with bad info but do enter the correct serial in your remarks?

Erwin

Comment

Yeah, right? Very confusing.

So what I mean is: I realized there is something wrong with the info I've entered, when the 1st photo get rejected. But I have no way to look back, because in the rejected photo section, only 4 lines of info is available, with the serial # blank. So how can I re-check what's wrong if I couldn't see what info I've entered?

Click image for larger version

Name:	1.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	24.9 KB
ID:	1028965

Comment

Yeah, right? Very confusing.

So what I mean is: I realized there is something wrong with the info I've entered, when the 1st photo get rejected. But I have no way to look back, because in the rejected photo section, only 4 lines of info is available, with the serial # blank. So how can I re-check what's wrong if I couldn't see what info I've entered?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]16927[/ATTACH]

Bad info: registration

You can clearly see what you filled in there .

Erwin

Comment

Originally posted by ErwinS View Post
                            https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=6681329

Bad info: registration

You can clearly see what you filled in there .
                            Yes, but how to see bad info - genre and bad info -catagory? I mean all those marks you checks at the second page of the correction menu?

Can't we make the info more clear by doing like this?

Click image for larger version

Name:	2.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	63.3 KB
ID:	1028966

Also can you take a look at my concern for the clutter in the few replies above?

Comment

I told you allready. Check carefully the info before submitting a shot. This will prevent such rejects.

And all you rejects are correct. Also the cluttered one. Like I allready said.

Furthermore the screeners where kind enough to tell you what was wrong.

But all you want is that we simply change the site just so you get it.

Erwin

Comment

Working...
                              X