Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vic Diesel
    replied
    And again it's "quick time travel" time, as the "most recent shot" on FR shows the aircraft on short final, while my pic, showing the aircraft touching down, is deemed "older". Yes, it is again the very same flight. And somewhat curious, again the same "other spotter", who is by the way also a screener here if I'm not mistaken...

https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/10456950 (my pic) vs. "most recent": https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/10457131 , taken clearly before...

Leave a comment:

• Vic Diesel
    replied
    SX-DGA. Airbus A321-231. JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

CS-TVE. Airbus A320-251N. JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

EC-NJU. Airbus A320-251N. JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/10376289 (here there is a more recent pic in the meantime)

These are just the most recent ones, I don't know if there were similar occurences. And since these aircraft did NOT make a T&G so that the other picture could have been made on the 2nd approach, it is clear on first glance which pic was made earlier or later. Maybe it is an anomaly and caused by (nearly) matching EXIF data (since there is a good chance that between the two pics made, less than a minute passed)?

Leave a comment:

• Alex - Spot-This !
    replied
    What pic are you talking about ?

Leave a comment:

• Vic Diesel
    replied
    Originally posted by RobertMahar15 View Post

I would assume whoever is in charge of doing this would look at the Exif data of the photo.
    I would have thought so as well. But the pic ending up as "most recent" is obviously not the most recent one, as you can see when comparing the two pictures. And alas, the one ending up as "most recent" is one that was shot by one of the screeners, albeit his photo shows the aircraft on short final, while the other one shows it touching down the runway (date and time matching, it was clearly the very same flight).

I am not suggesting that this is cheesy or was done deliberately, but it could make this impression to someone else and I couldn't blame them if they think so.

Leave a comment:

• RobertMahar15
    replied
    Originally posted by Vic Diesel View Post
    Just out of curiosity: when Flightradar states that they want to use "the most recent pic", what is the case if two pictures show the airplane roughly at the same time? Let's say, one pic on short final, one while touching down? Is this a case of "last submitted pic shown" or "most recent" (in which case, it should of course be the time stamp that trumps)?

I really don't care about view numbers, I upload my pics to share them with whoever wants to see them. But I can't stop being curious.
    I would assume whoever is in charge of doing this would look at the Exif data of the photo.

Leave a comment:

• Vic Diesel
    replied
    Just out of curiosity: when Flightradar states that they want to use "the most recent pic", what is the case if two pictures show the airplane roughly at the same time? Let's say, one pic on short final, one while touching down? Is this a case of "last submitted pic shown" or "most recent" (in which case, it should of course be the time stamp that trumps)?

I really don't care about view numbers, I upload my pics to share them with whoever wants to see them. But I can't stop being curious.

Leave a comment:

• Calvin L
    replied
    Originally posted by davizaum View Post
    Hello guys. Anyone can help me about this pic not showing at fr24, besides being the newest ? https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/10378608
    It is on Fr24

Leave a comment:

• davizaum
    replied
    Hello guys. Anyone can help me about this pic not showing at fr24, besides being the newest ? https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/10378608

Leave a comment:

• Alex - Spot-This !
    replied
    Originally posted by baldwin8 View Post

The rules don't seem to apply to this photo

C-GMJA. Bombardier CRJ-200ER. JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!
    now excluded - excluding pics is done manually so out of the thousands photos there's certainly some we (or the uploader...) forgot to exclude

Alex

Leave a comment:

• baldwin8
    replied
    Originally posted by Alex - Spot-This ! View Post
    And it will not be shown on FR24 as your photo is from an angle that doesn't offer any view of the paint scheme
    The rules don't seem to apply to this photo

C-GMJA. Bombardier CRJ-200ER. JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Leave a comment:

• Alex - Spot-This !
    replied
    That's because it's the first and only pic of that reg. Better to show something than nothing....

Leave a comment:

• OmarZ19
    replied
    Originally posted by Alex - Spot-This ! View Post

Your photo is a close-up so it won't be on FR24

Regards
    Alex
    This ATR is also close-up and that photo appears on Flightradar, not understanding why some photos do and others do not show it

HK-5347. ATR 72-600. JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

And so for that style of close-up photo there are many that are shown...
    Thanks !

Leave a comment:

• Alex - Spot-This !
    replied
    Originally posted by OmarZ19 View Post
    Hello greetings to all.
    My most recent photo A319 N690AV of Avianca on jetphotos database not showing on Flightradar24.
    Please check, thank you very much.

https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/10006489
    Your photo is a close-up so it won't be on FR24

Regards
    Alex

Leave a comment:

• Alex - Spot-This !
    replied
    Originally posted by OmarZ19 View Post
    Hello greetings to all.
    My most recent photo PA-28 HK-2399-G on jetphotos database not showing on Flightradar24.

https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/9453969
    And it will not be shown on FR24 as your photo is from an angle that doesn't offer any view of the paint scheme of that Piper.

Regards
    Alex

Leave a comment:

• OmarZ19
    replied
    Hello greetings to all.
    My most recent photo PA-28 HK-2399-G on jetphotos database not showing on Flightradar24.

HK-2399-G. Piper PA-28-161 Warrior II. JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X