Vignetting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Alex - Spot-This ! View Post
    And vignetting can also be mostly avoided by the correct settings, check your lense and camera combo and find the best settings to avoid it. And yes it can also be removed on post processing.
    Actually, it seems I am having an unfixable problem lol, even using the correct settings, and I even tried in post ..... this one is really getting me with my new camera combo

Comment

About vignetting

Originally posted by Alex - Spot-This ! View Post
      And vignetting can also be mostly avoided by the correct settings, check your lense and camera combo and find the best settings to avoid it. And yes it can also be removed on post processing.
      Hello Alex, Dana, Gerardo, and any member of the team whome it may interest,

With regard to the vignetting issue, I had learnt the subject in the past days and got some guidence from Canon-Support UK, realized that apparently I do set my camera and lens properly, correct the Digital-Lens-Optimizer & Peripheral-light on the software accordingly.

But, still have a further question: found out that viggneting occure in almost on any lens (including the Canon 70-200 4L IS, which I am considering to buy) on the very long-end of the extract zoom.
      My point is, if the vignetting visible only on the Equalized photo but not at all visible on the main photo, that is merely a light-differential's when raising the camera at 45 degrees angle to the sky aloft.
      Since it is a natural phenomenon and not artificially nor deliberately done mechanically and as mentioned above, not visible on the main photo posted - why it is not acceptable, and as the rejection remark says it is "not-allowed"?
      Please look into this matter, sincerely,
      Ike Harel

Comment

Originally posted by ikeharel View Post
        Hello Alex, Dana, Gerardo, and any member of the team whome it may interest,

With regard to the vignetting issue, I had learnt the subject in the past days and got some guidence from Canon-Support UK, realized that apparently I do set my camera and lens properly, correct the Digital-Lens-Optimizer & Peripheral-light on the software accordingly.

But, still have a further question: found out that viggneting occure in almost on any lens (including the Canon 70-200 4L IS, which I am considering to buy) on the very long-end of the extract zoom.
        My point is, if the vignetting visible only on the Equalized photo but not at all visible on the main photo, that is merely a light-differential's when raising the camera at 45 degrees angle to the sky aloft.
        Since it is a natural phenomenon and not artificially nor deliberately done mechanically and as mentioned above, not visible on the main photo posted - why it is not acceptable, and as the rejection remark says it is "not-allowed"?
        Please look into this matter, sincerely,
        Ike Harel
        Please re-read my first reply: in this specific image, the vignetting is not a natural effect. It is not allowed because, just like the softness I also mentioned earlier, it is both avoidable and correctable.

Would you argue that since softness occurs in almost any lenses at certain settings/focal lengths, it should be acceptable?

Comment

Originally posted by dlowwa View Post
          Please re-read my first reply: in this specific image, the vignetting is not a natural effect. It is not allowed because, just like the softness I also mentioned earlier, it is both avoidable and correctable.

Would you argue that since softness occurs in almost any lenses at certain settings/focal lengths, it should be acceptable?
          And in addition: vignetting is avoidable with correct settings. It’s the same as saying, that a blurry shot must be accepted since it is a natural effect when using a too long exposure setting
          My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

Sorry Dana & Gerardo,
            I was not refering to any specific picture. There was once a photo that was rejected for vignetting, not in the queue of the rejected photos anymore - but my question was in general. And I wil rephrase the question: if the vignetting ONLY seen in the equalized ("check for dust " tab) picture but not shown on the "regular" photo, and happened only due to light & heat differential's, why it is "not allowed" . I believe every photographer on JP never do vignetting artificially for a "nicer effect" or else.
            I did not change any settings in my camera or lens, but encounter this rejection just recently.
            Sincerely,
            Ike

Comment

Sorry Dana & Gerardo,
              And I wil rephrase the question: if the vignetting ONLY seen in the equalized ("check for dust " tab) picture but not shown on the "regular" photo, and happened only due to light & heat differential's, why it is "not allowed"
              In such a case, the image should not be rejected.

Comment

Hello everybody, Alex, Dana, Gerardo,
                Here is the answer received from Canon-DPP Expert about vignetting and the equalized picture of the rejected photo :
                Quote:
                "What you have there doesn't look like lens vignetting since it's not dark in all corners. What you're seeing is just the difference in the color/brightness in the sky based on your shooting angle." End of quote.

Sorry: this is the correct attachment, made a mistake with the EHD :
                Click image for larger version

Name:	procimages.php ddd.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	718.5 KB
ID:	1030235
                This had one reason (along with other reasons, which I do not argue about) of the rejection "vignetting not allowed".
                Good evening,

Ike
                Attached Files
                Last edited by ikeharel; 2018-09-13, 17:44. Reason: corrected with the thumbnail

Comment

Sorry Dana & Gerardo,
                  I was not refering to any specific picture.
                  and yet...

Hello everybody, Alex, Dana, Gerardo,
                  Here is the answer received from Canon-DPP Expert about vignetting and the equalized picture of the rejected photo :
                  Quote:
                  "What you have there doesn't look like lens vignetting since it's not dark in all corners. What you're seeing is just the difference in the color/brightness in the sky based on your shooting angle." End of quote.

Good evening,
                  Ike

Sorry: this is the correct attachment, made a mistake with the EHD :
                  [ATTACH=CONFIG]18524[/ATTACH]
                  This had one reason (along with other reasons, which I do not argue about) of the rejection "vignetting not allowed".
                  Ike

In any case, despite your Canon expert's testimony, I stand by my initial assessment. I cannot think of any natural phenomenon that would cause only the corners to darken like that, and not the space along the top edge between the two corners as well.

Comment

Working...
                  X