Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vignetting

Hello,
    Please excuse my English, but what is the meaning of a rejection for "Vignetting" ?
    Google translate did not find a translation for the "Vignetting" word in Hebrew.
    Ike

Originally posted by ikeharel View Post
    Hello,
    Please excuse my English, but what is the meaning of a rejection for "Vignetting" ?
    Google translate did not find a translation for the "Vignetting" word in Hebrew.
    Ike
    Hi and Good Morning!

To be very simple: vignetting means darkening/brightening in the photo corners when compared to the center. Can you please send the link from your rejected photo? It will be better to explain to you with your own photo.

Cheers,

Vinicius

Comment

all well explained here : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vignetting

Comment

Originally posted by Alex - Spot-This ! View Post
        Thanks Alex,
        I have red the Wikipedia link, and understood most of it.
        When taking aircraft pictures it mostly happend with natural light differential's when looking up to the sky, if my POV was 45 degrees up - so why it is not allowed, or not-accepted as it never done deliberately and when especially hardly noticed?
        Sincerely,
        Ike

Comment

Hi i have had the same rejections ,i appealed them and one was accepted the other not , it seems very harsh to me as its not a deliberate thing thats done the sky is always changeing from whichever angle its viewed
          rgds michael

Comment

Hi, vignetting effect can be removed with the software, if you are using photoshop go to: filter:lens correction and adjust the: vignette amount option only. you can compare later if the vignetting was removed correctly by looking at the result image equalized.
            au plaisir
            Riadh

Comment

And vignetting can also be mostly avoided by the correct settings, check your lense and camera combo and find the best settings to avoid it. And yes it can also be removed on post processing.

Comment

Thanks Alex,
                I have red the Wikipedia link, and understood most of it.
                When taking aircraft pictures it mostly happend with natural light differential's when looking up to the sky, if my POV was 45 degrees up - so why it is not allowed, or not-accepted as it never done deliberately and when especially hardly noticed?
                Sincerely,
                Ike
                Your one recent image that was rejected for this did not have it because of natural lighting. Both the top corners are darker than the rest of the frame. If it had been natural, only one corner would have been darker. The fact that the image was taken at f/5.6 further confirms this, as vignetting is much more common at wider aperture settings. As for why it is a rejection reason, since it is basically a flaw related to your technique/equipment and can easily be avoided and corrected, it is treated as other such flaws (like softness) are.

Comment

To add more into the equation for this, on certain cameras (I have found to my surprise after a whole shooting session), there are settings in the camera for vignetting - the Nikon D3 is one.

Comment

Originally posted by dlowwa View Post
                    Your one recent image that was rejected for this did not have it because of natural lighting. Both the top corners are darker than the rest of the frame. If it had been natural, only one corner would have been darker. The fact that the image was taken at f/5.6 further confirms this, as vignetting is much more common at wider aperture settings. As for why it is a rejection reason, since it is basically a flaw related to your technique/equipment and can easily be avoided and corrected, it is treated as other such flaws (like softness) are.
                    Hello dlowwa,
                    I was not asking about the one rejection specifically ( which has other subjects in the rejection), merely to understand what is vignetting, and what doe's it cause to be altogether a reason for not being acceptable photo.
                    Thanks, anyway.
                    Ike

Comment

Originally posted by Riadh View Post
                      Hi, vignetting effect can be removed with the software, if you are using photoshop go to: filter:lens correction and adjust the: vignette amount option only. you can compare later if the vignetting was removed correctly by looking at the result image equalized.
                      au plaisir
                      Riadh
                      I do not use Photoshop - as I mention previously in different forum matters attended, I process with canon-DPP latest version.
                      Thanks,
                      Ike

Comment

I do not use Photoshop - as I mention previously in different forum matters attended, I process with canon-DPP latest version.
                        Thanks,
                        Ike
                        You can correct vignetting also with Canon DPP.
                        My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

Originally posted by LX-A343 View Post
                          You can correct vignetting also with Canon DPP.
                          Hola Gerardo,
                          That's sound new to me, as I tried all options on DPP, maybe skipped this one somehow.
                          I'd appreciate if you instruct me where and how can correct the vignetting issue on the DPP software.
                          Thanks in advance,
                          Ike

Comment

Hola Gerardo,
                            That's sound new to me, as I tried all options on DPP, maybe skipped this one somehow.
                            I'd appreciate if you instruct me where and how can correct the vignetting issue on the DPP software.
                            Thanks in advance,
                            Ike
                            Open the photo and open the tool panel (or however it is called in english). You will find an icon, which looks like a lens. That's the one!
                            On an original Canon photo the lens is automatically detected. If not, you can select it manually.
                            My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

Originally posted by LX-A343 View Post
                              Open the photo and open the tool panel (or however it is called in english). You will find an icon, which looks like a lens. That's the one!
                              On an original Canon photo the lens is automatically detected. If not, you can select it manually.
                              That's exactly what I normally do, always set with the correct lens, set the "Digital Lens optimizer" and automatically adjust - but, if I use full zoom( 135mm in my case) there is vignetting in the final outcome.
                              Will do some reading to find more. Gracias.
                              Ike

Comment

Working...
                              X