Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New member photo upload problems

Hi all,

Looking for some advice on uploading photos to JP. I am a new member and have had my first uploads rejected for poor quality. My photos are very clear and of good quality and I have resized them to 1280 pixels width maximum as the JP site photo upload rules require. When posting, they pass the image validation process, but the image displayed in the box on JP validation screen is heavily pixellated and clearly poor quality. Thinking this was just like a thumbnail for the validation screen and it would be my drag & drop file which would be uploaded I posted as they had also passed the validation screening. However they seem to keep uploading the poor quality version in the JP validation screen box rather than my original good quality version. Pulling my hair out with this.

Any advice or assistance greatly appreciated, as I am clearly doing something wrong.

Harry

Could you please provide example links to your rejected pictures?

Comment

Originally posted by TomEPKK View Post
      Could you please provide example links to your rejected pictures?
      Just checked but they are off the database as over 14 days old. In a nutshell my uploads are passing validation but the validated photo in the JP upload screen is heavily pixellated and this seems to be what is being submitted for approval rather than my intended file which is correctly sized and a clear and sharp photo. I will try a new one today to get you an example. Many thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by hharryhrc View Post
        Just checked but they are off the database as over 14 days old. In a nutshell my uploads are passing validation but the validated photo in the JP upload screen is heavily pixellated and this seems to be what is being submitted for approval rather than my intended file which is correctly sized and a clear and sharp photo. I will try a new one today to get you an example. Many thanks.
        To be honest, I never found such a bug in something around 15 years active on this site. Please post a link to your photo after uploading it here and if you really see a difference, upload it on another online photo site, so that we can compare the photos.
        My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

Working...
        X