Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The world is coming to an end...I got a photo request!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The world is coming to an end...I got a photo request!

Hello,

I'm in shock...I never expected this to happen...

I opened my mailbox to find this email:
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    Re: Photo http://www.jetphotos.net/viewphoto.php?id=158806

Dear Sir,

For a future article we are looking for pictures of Algerian AF aircraft. On JetPhotos.net we saw your pictures and we we wondering if it was possible to use one of them for our Magazine and website?

Sincerely,
    Arnold ten Pas
    Africa editor - Scramble Magazine
    [email protected]
    ----------------------------------------------------
    This magazine appears legitmate (can anyone confirm this from a personal standpoint), and I sent the following reply:
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Dear Arnold,

It would be my pleasure to allow you to use the photo, however I do have just a few simple terms...

1. Since this photo is for a commercial purpose I will have to charge a small fee for this-$25 US dollars

2. Of course the photo will have to be credited to me

3. I'd like to have a print copy or two of the magazine in which its published...being in America its very hard to get a Dutch magazine!

Please let me know how this sounds...if it is good to you I will be more than happy to send you my contact info

Best Regards,
    Greg Rosenthal
    ------------------------------------------------------------------
    So...with this being my first request, how did I handle it??? $25 seems reasonable to me I think....

Im still awaiting a reply, will keep you guys posted

Thanks,
    Greg
    Click Here to view my aircraft photos at JetPhotos.Net!

Congrats man, hope you hear from them. Good luck.

Comment

Congrats. Scramble is totally legit, and is probably the best known source for info on aircraft (in Europe at least). I've had contact with them before regarding the use of one of my Concorde pics - hasn't amounted to anything yet though.

Comment

Scramble is a for-enthusiasts, by-enthusiasts magazine which is run on a non-profit basis - its certainly NOT a commercial news stand magazine, and it features no color except the covers. I doubt whether they'll pay for usage, though they always credit - give it to them anyway, they're a good cause.

More information at:

http://www.scramble.nl

Andy

Comment

Thanks for the info Skymonster...I was checking out their website and wasn't quite sure what to make of it...do you think they would at least send me a copy or two since AFAIK this isn't available here in the US??

Thanks,
          Greg

Comment

And I got my first ever sale via Jetphotos a few days ago too, on the bad side I've just heard that Royal Thai have used an image which looks like mine in some of their brochures-they didn't bother asking, but it's coincidental that I will be travelling to Thailand in a few days so I may get the chance to kick some ass if it really is my pic

If there are any members in Bangkok I would love to hear from you

Matt
            My gallery of transport and travel pictures.

Click Here to view my photos at RailPictures.Net!

Comment

Scramble is on newsstand sales, but extremely limited (I know of only 2 stores that have it and they're specialty stores).

Congrats on the offer.

I'm currently involved in getting several shots published in the first edition of a new aviation mag that's to launch soon. 3-4 shots for a single large article on the 747-200.

Comment

I've sent another email to them saying that I will give it to them for free if they are still interested, and still asking if its possible for me to get a copy or two...no response as of yet...

N674UW

Comment

Working...
                X