Digi Cam, I'm don't know something.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Digi Cam, I'm don't know something.

Yes, I don't know something about DigiCam.

1)Can I take pix's at night with out Flash using a DigiCam??

2)4X Zoom, what is this good for??

3)planes at 2000F.t. what Zoom do I need???

4) I found a Digi Cam for around 100$, with LCD TFT, 4X Zoom,2.1 Pix, it need noraml AA Battery is that good Cam???? (Made in China)

Any one can give me Exaples of night pix of planes at night???

Thx.
    15 Nov is my Birth day! I want A340? pls dad pls mom LOL

If you can set long shutter speeds like 15 seconds for example on that cam night shots without flash are possible. depends on the cam.

4x optical zoom is not very much I believe....dunno how many mm it is.

do you have a link to that camera?
    greetings,
    Philip

Comment

4x is approx 160mm.
      "The Director also sets the record straight on what would happen if oxygen masks were to drop from the ceiling: The passengers freak out with abandon, instead of continuing to chat amiably, as though lunch were being served, like they do on those in-flight safety videos."

-- The LA Times, in a review of 'Flightplan'

Comment

Re: Digi Cam, I'm don't know something.

Originally posted by sv
        Yes, I don't know something about DigiCam.

1)Can I take pix's at night with out Flash using a DigiCam??
        Depends on the camera. Many cheaper ones you can't turn off the flash or set an exposure time long enough.
        2)4X Zoom, what is this good for??
        Indicates the maximum focal length is 4x the minimum focal length.
        Without that number the number 4x is useless.
        Usually smaller digicams start at 7mm lenses, so 4x would get you to 28mm.
        At the chipsize of those cams, that's an image that looks like it was taken by a 115mm lens on a 35mm camera (at least in composition, DOF etc. are still 28mm).
        3)planes at 2000F.t. what Zoom do I need???
        More. Think 400mm+ lens, that's about 20x.
        4) I found a Digi Cam for around 100$, with LCD TFT, 4X Zoom,2.1 Pix, it need noraml AA Battery is that good Cam???? (Made in China)
        Sounds like a piece of crap, pardoning my Klatchian.
        Such cameras are really glorified webcams, not much better than the cameras you get in mobile phones.
        Poor optics, extremely slow.
        Any one can give me Exaples of night pix of planes at night???

Thx.
        Sure. Not taken with a digicam, but a really good one should yield similar results.
        [photoid=68211]
        [photoid=68209]

Dawn
        [photoid=175439]
        [photoid=175521]

Dusk
        [photoid=68259]

Comment

Indicates the maximum focal length is 4x the minimum focal length.
          Without that number the number 4x is useless.
          Usually smaller digicams start at 7mm lenses, so 4x would get you to 28mm.
          That's funny. My C720 has 8X, and that's 320mm, so I figured that 4X must be 160mm. Ofcourse, I may be wrong...
          "The Director also sets the record straight on what would happen if oxygen masks were to drop from the ceiling: The passengers freak out with abandon, instead of continuing to chat amiably, as though lunch were being served, like they do on those in-flight safety videos."

-- The LA Times, in a review of 'Flightplan'

Comment

320/8 = 40mm so you're camera is roughly 40mm at the short end (cropfactor that is).
            It either has a very small CCD (smaller than normal for a digital P&S) or a lens that starts at more than 7mm.

As I said, zoom factor alone doesn't mean a thing.

Comment

If you buy this one I think you will soon think it's crap and get another one

Comment

I went out and got a cheap digital camera when I started out, and soon I found out, that I was no what I wanted! The small digi cameras are okey for pictures when aircrafts are taxiing or standing still, but landing and takeoff pictures can be very hard to come by, and you only have one shot before the plane is gone! 2.1 pix is not enough if you want good quality pictures.

I now use the Nikon D100 with a 35-450mm zoomlinse. Yes it a much more expensive camera, but it does the job
                Regards
                Soren Madsen

Spotting guide to CPH www.cphaviation.dk

Comment

If you can set long shutter speeds like 15 seconds for example on that cam night shots without flash are possible. depends on the cam.
                  In this way, what I'm going to get is a long line of light in the Photo, Am I right?

I want to take a clear photo of planes flying at night.
                  like MD-90 and B777.

4x is approx 160mm.
                  PLUS
                  so 4x would get you to 28mm
                  I feel confuse

Sounds like a piece of crap
                  Don't look to the price, we don't have any TAX or VAT so things look cheaper.

For Ex:
                  PENTAX (noraml cam) with 35-135mm Zoom, night photos, panorama photos (Wide photos, this is very good thing for Cabin) that all for just :157 US$.

2.1 pix is not enough if you want good quality pictures.
                  Your advice?? (don't give me the best ) but I want something good.

I really don't want to pay a lot for something I won't use it a lot.

I just want some photos of plane like MD-90 without using FLASH depending on the plane lights and City light (Street lights are very strong here)

I feel sorry not to take photos of the cool planes I see in my city, like Tu-204 and B757-300, and the rare visitor Iraqi Airways.
                  15 Nov is my Birth day! I want A340? pls dad pls mom LOL

Comment

Well I would say from 4 MP and up. I got the HP C850 Photosmart 4.1 MP and the Nikon D100 at 6.3MP. The HP at 4.1 gives you good pictures also when you make them into paper prints. The problem with the HP camera is that it is not easy to take landing and takeoff pictures, the zoom is not fast enough and you only get one shot before the aircraft is gone.

About taking clear pictures at night of flying planes, I think that's impossible, but I might be wrong!
                    Regards
                    Soren Madsen

Spotting guide to CPH www.cphaviation.dk

Comment

Working...
                    X