My new toy.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My new toy.....

Collecting my new toy tomorrow. Nikon D7200 body. I was going to go for an FX format D810 but I couldn’t really justify £2,500+ for a body.
    Oh well, onwards and upwards.....hopefully !
    If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Originally posted by brianw999 View Post
    Collecting my new toy tomorrow. Nikon D7200 body. I was going to go for an FX format D810 but I couldn’t really justify £2,500+ for a body.
    2,500 GBP?! 2,852 Euros, plus a 800 mm telephoto? That really seems like a toy for men. What do you try, a photo of Germany without that you leave GB?

When I was new here in this forum, a decade ago, I had thought that Canon is the King for jetphotographers. So, that has changed?
    The German long haul is alive, 65 years and still kicking.
    The Gold Member in the 747 club, 50 years since the first LH 747.
    And constantly advanced, 744 and 748 /w upper and lower EICAS.
    This is Lohausen International airport speaking, echo delta delta lima.

Comment

Originally posted by brianw999 View Post
      You know, they are not allowed at Popham, do you?
      My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

Originally posted by LH-B744 View Post
        2,500 GBP?! 2,852 Euros, plus a 800 mm telephoto? That really seems like a toy for men. What do you try, a photo of Germany without that you leave GB?

When I was new here in this forum, a decade ago, I had thought that Canon is the King for jetphotographers. So, that has changed?
        I could knock £1,000 off of the D810 price but it would be a grey import with no U.K. warranty. There is also a danger that HM Customs and Excise would slap on a hefty import tax levy. The grey importers protest that they will offer a good warranty but what happens if they go bust ? Add to that the fact that Nikon UK would not handle any repairs.
        The D7200 is costing me 849 GB pounds which is a pretty good price from Curry’s superstore. Two year full UK warranty, the latest Nikon software, guaranteed genuine Nikon battery and all the bells and whistles that are part of the D7200 seems like a pretty good deal to me.

All I need now is to find a decent photographer to use it

Gerardo....sit down !!
        Last edited by brianw999; 2018-10-10, 21:08.

Comment

The D7200 seems to be a great little camera, packs a lot of power, and I'd sooner pick up one of those than a D7500 or even a D500 as a DX second body. Since I've gone FX with the D750 though I'm not sure I could go back to to crop sensors... I do miss that reach though! Congrats on the purchase.

Comment

Hm. Now I have to admit that I rather know alot about Captain Randazzo's newest toy and the cpu's which you need to use it..

I have found a Canon EOS 5D Mark IV body, without any telephoto, without lens, only the body, the offer is
            3,299 Euros, brand-new. Support your local dealer.

But where is the difference between a D810 and an EOS 5D Mark IV?

PS: Gerardo says that 800 mm lenses are not allowed everywhere? Well, that indeed seems to be a completely new rather pervert topic (10,000.. pesos? for a telephoto).
            Let me try to calculate the price for 1 jetphoto if you use an EOS 5D Mark IV with 800 mm telephoto..
            1 Euro for 1 jetphoto, but only if you own more than 13,000 photos.

That's nice. But if I spontaneously had 13,000 Euros in cash in front of me, I'd rather use that to visit 3 to 5 to 10 jetphotos forum members who do not live in Germany..
            A one year around the world ticket is sold by the Star Alliance for... clearly less than 13,000 US-$ afaik.

Or why could you be able to take more than 1 Euro for 1 photo. Questions for adults. I just wonder if an 800 mm telephoto is good for photos of Germany if you do not leave Switzerland.
            Last edited by LH-B744; 2018-10-10, 22:04. Reason: We talk about jetphotos don't we.
            The German long haul is alive, 65 years and still kicking.
            The Gold Member in the 747 club, 50 years since the first LH 747.
            And constantly advanced, 744 and 748 /w upper and lower EICAS.
            This is Lohausen International airport speaking, echo delta delta lima.

Comment

Originally posted by LH-B744 View Post
              But where is the difference between a D810 and an EOS 5D Mark IV? .
              The major difference for me is that my Nikon mount lenses don’t fit on to a Canon !

Comment

First half dozen indoor test shots and..........bloody hell, what a machine. Superb sharpness right down to the tightest in-camera crop. I can feel Heathrow coming on if the weather plays ball !

Comment

Working...
                X