Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Similar Photo?

Hi,
    I'm really confused because I got rejected for similar photo uploaded but it was well within the rules for same reg photos. The rejected photo was a close-up shot from the ramp tower of the aircraft taxiing in to the gate, and my previous upload is a full body shot of the aircraft taxiing out for departure shot from the ramp. I'm just confused as to why this was rejected as I have a few other photos that are from the same day but different sequences.

Thanks

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

N669US. Boeing 747-451. JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!
    Instagram: www.instagram.com/iadspotter

Originally posted by iad.spotter View Post
    Hi,
    I'm really confused because I got rejected for similar photo uploaded but it was well within the rules for same reg photos. The rejected photo was a close-up shot from the ramp tower of the aircraft taxiing in to the gate, and my previous upload is a full body shot of the aircraft taxiing out for departure shot from the ramp. I'm just confused as to why this was rejected as I have a few other photos that are from the same day but different sequences.

Thanks

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/8790005
    Same day, same side, same stage of flight will usually be considered similar. The confusion I think is arising from the wording 'different/same sequence', which is meant to mean in the air vs. on the ground. If you take it literally, then it would be conceivable someone could upload 10 different images from the same day if the aircraft taxied by 10 different times. That is certainly not the intention of the guideline.

Comment

Originally posted by dlowwa View Post
      Same day, same side, same stage of flight will usually be considered similar. The confusion I think is arising from the wording 'different/same sequence', which is meant to mean in the air vs. on the ground. If you take it literally, then it would be conceivable someone could upload 10 different images from the same day if the aircraft taxied by 10 different times. That is certainly not the intention of the guideline.
      Ah okay, I was just confused because the shots were taken at different times at completely different parts of the airport. Thanks for clarifying.
      Instagram: www.instagram.com/iadspotter

Comment

Originally posted by dlowwa View Post
        I'm apologize about my interfere here, maybe you should change the wording in the guideline.
        Simply to make it more understandable to everyone.

Comment

Whatever the words we use to write it, there'll always be people trying to push the limits... And no I wasn't talking about you Ben

Have a nice day
          Alex

Comment

Originally posted by ErezS View Post
            I'm apologize about my interfere here, maybe you should change the wording in the guideline.
            Simply to make it more understandable to everyone.
            Thank you for your suggestion. Unfortunately the guideline would become unpleasantly long and difficult to read, if it would include any possible circumstance. Few users up-load more than 1-2 shots from the same plane, same airport and same day, so in general it seems like the guideline reflects the needs of the majority of our users. If you want information for a specific series of photos, we are always glad to give advice in the forums.

Comment

Originally posted by iad.spotter View Post
              Ah okay, I was just confused because the shots were taken at different times at completely different parts of the airport. Thanks for clarifying.
              Hi Ben, I was one of the screeners who rejected the image. To clarify, its the same day, side - yes closer, but sorry. You have a v good image accepted. However we have lots of uploads from people taking the same aircraft, day etc... from every conceivable angle jamming up the que.

I only upload what I feel is my best shot of a airframe on a given shoot, not a criticism just an observation.

Regards Tony

Comment

Working...
              X