Trouble removing CMOS Dust Spots on my DSLR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trouble removing CMOS Dust Spots on my DSLR

I have been having a lot of trouble trying to remove some CMOS Dust spots that have been proving so tough to remove, and not visible when I look into my CMOS sensor and try and blow it off with a air blower with no success. Second resort was I tried using a cotton bud to sweep my CMOS sensor, with some success but not all CMOS spots were removed, and thirdly tried applying some lens cleaning fluid onto a cotton bud and applied it throughout my CMOS sensor with again no success.

This had been a reason for quite a number of recent rejections of my photos on here spanning about 2 months, and the EXACT SAME SPOTS.

Here is a sample picture taken on my wall at F 22 aperture, Normally I take photos of aircraft at F 8.0 and some of these spots aren't there, but notice that curved spot on the top left? That had been a culprit for a few of my JetPhotos rejections but still would not come off. NOTE: I use a Canon EOS 1500D and it does not have a option to clean automatically.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

There is far to many spots to even try removing in photoshop, it would be better to get your DSLR cleaned from a camera shop.

Comment

As suggested take it to a camera shop and get it done. If you want to do it yourself then purchase proper sensor cleaning equipment and fluid. Looks like you've got some streaks left from using the cotton bud and maybe too much fluid. Proper sensor cleaning swabs are flat and wide to swipe across the whole sensor area.

Comment

Originally posted by B7772ADL View Post
        As suggested take it to a camera shop and get it done. If you want to do it yourself then purchase proper sensor cleaning equipment and fluid. Looks like you've got some streaks left from using the cotton bud and maybe too much fluid. Proper sensor cleaning swabs are flat and wide to swipe across the whole sensor area.
        I endorse this suggestion and would add some of my own experience. I think you are running the risk of scratching your sensor with the procedures you describe. Further, I think Ican see some streaks on the picture you posted, which I think may be the result of your procedure.

I live close to the UK distributor of my cameras and take my sensors to be cleaned about once every four months. This rule gets broken if I have a scheduled visit to Tokyo in which case I take them to the service centre in downtown Tokyo. They charge less than the UK distributor and give me a far more detailed report, mostly concerening the coupling with the lens attached when taken in. I avoid switching lenses and only do so at home, quickly on a stable table.
        --
        David dubya Wilson

Comment

Get some Sensorswaps and do it yourself or let a camera shop do it.

Comment

Originally posted by seahawk View Post
            Get some Sensorswaps and do it yourself or let a camera shop do it.
            Canon CPS Lehman’s at stoke or who ever is near to you . Don’t void your warranty. Tops £60
            T
            Last edited by 777MAN; 2018-12-06, 20:10.

Comment

Working...
            X