Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking for a new lens

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Looking for a new lens

    Hi, I previously used a Canon 70-200 IF S USM lens, however i used to borrow it and the owner needs it back so I'm stuck without a lens.

    I need a new lens for a Canon EOS70D, preferably same or greater focal length.

    I'm on a really tight budget so it preferably should be below or around $225.

    I really have no idea how to pick lenses so I'm looking to you guys for help.

    Regards

  • #2
    For a good lens it seems a little bit. I've used the Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS until yesterday, but it's really very limited.
    I recently bought the Tamron 100 - 400 I am testing.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by ErmakDimon View Post
      Hi, I previously used a Canon 70-200 IF S USM lens, however i used to borrow it and the owner needs it back so I'm stuck without a lens.

      I need a new lens for a Canon EOS70D, preferably same or greater focal length.

      I'm on a really tight budget so it preferably should be below or around $225.

      I really have no idea how to pick lenses so I'm looking to you guys for help.

      Regards
      The current Canon EF-S 55-250mm (IS STM) is both excellent and shockingly cheap. It is compatible with your Canon DSLR and can be bought new within your budget (although price varies country-to-country).

      Comment


      • #4
        [

        Comment


        • #5
          Another one is the Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS USM (https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/p...f-4-5-6-is-usm). I use that one as light travel lens and am very happy with it.
          My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by LX-A343 View Post
            Another one is the Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS USM (https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/p...f-4-5-6-is-usm). I use that one as light travel lens and am very happy with it.
            Originally posted by Quebec Golf View Post
            The current Canon EF-S 55-250mm (IS STM) is both excellent and shockingly cheap. It is compatible with your Canon DSLR and can be bought new within your budget (although price varies country-to-country).
            Thanks guys! I will take a look.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by ErmakDimon View Post
              Hi, I previously used a Canon 70-200 IF S USM lens, however i used to borrow it and the owner needs it back so I'm stuck without a lens.

              I need a new lens for a Canon EOS70D, preferably same or greater focal length.

              I'm on a really tight budget so it preferably should be below or around $225.

              I really have no idea how to pick lenses so I'm looking to you guys for help.

              Regards
              I currently use the Canon EF 75-300mm. It's an older lens without image stabilisation but it really does do the job!
              Once again like others it is compatible with your camera and well within budget.

              Here is a link to the seller I bought mine off: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Genuine-Can...M~Sq:rk:1:pf:0

              And here is a few links to some shots I have off mine so you have an idea of what it's like:
              https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/9155719
              https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/9133475

              Best Regards and Happy shooting!
              Jordan W

              Comment


              • #8
                The choice of lens also depends on what type of aircraft you will want to photograph. theoretically even a 50mm could be good.
                But if you photograph small and fast planes it's different than big and slow ones. Even how far you are from the subject is important.
                Autofocus speed, maximum brightness are important factors that increase the cost of the lens. In short, the more you spend and the better the quality of the objective will be.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Quebec Golf View Post
                  The current Canon EF-S 55-250mm (IS STM) is both excellent and shockingly cheap. It is compatible with your Canon DSLR and can be bought new within your budget (although price varies country-to-country).
                  Does this lens have autofocus? Some stores say manual only, but the canon website mentions autofocus, so I'm a bit confused.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by ErmakDimon View Post
                    Does this lens have autofocus? Some stores say manual only, but the canon website mentions autofocus, so I'm a bit confused.
                    It has autofocus.
                    My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by ErmakDimon View Post
                      Does this lens have autofocus? Some stores say manual only, but the canon website mentions autofocus, so I'm a bit confused.
                      All versions of this lens have autofocus. The STM version I was referring to barely even has manual focus (it's focus by wire due to the STM motor). https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cano..._55250mm_lens

                      I don't think there are any zoom lenses for Canon in production today that don't have AF.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by ErmakDimon View Post
                        Hi, I previously used a Canon 70-200 IF S USM lens, however i used to borrow it and the owner needs it back so I'm stuck without a lens.

                        I need a new lens for a Canon EOS70D, preferably same or greater focal length.

                        I'm on a really tight budget so it preferably should be below or around $225.

                        I really have no idea how to pick lenses so I'm looking to you guys for help.

                        Regards
                        Within budget, resale value and learning curve - https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ..._4_5_6_is.html
                        T

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X