Please say it is a mistake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please say it is a mistake

Hello, I was scrolling down the homepage and found out this photo that caught my attention, but after opening it wide I truly regret doing this.
    JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

This photo is pure heat haze. Everything is in the haze.
    How can you explain a photo like this accepted in the DB?
    This isn't harass to the spotter himself, as I respect everyone, it's just for explanation. This is just against all the standards you ask...

Merry Christmas

Hi, after some discussion amongst the senior crew, we have decided that indeed the quality was too poor, and have removed the image. Please understand that we don't necessarily disagree with the thought process of the screener(s) who accepted it, however. We often make exceptions to quality standards for rare images/aircraft, but in this case since we already had (a small number of) other images of this aircraft, we decided the lack of quality wasn't quite justified by the rarity.

There will almost certainly be similar instances in the future, so please try to consider the rarity of images before making judgements purely on the quality.

To clarify, the image in question was of a Tu-160 operating in Venezuela.

Comment

I might agree with the rarity of the aircraft, but anyway a bit of quality in the image should be the least required. I was sad after the wide view because it was very very poor. I think that you should keep your standards in every situation, this is a database and ok, you need data. But not necessarily your data should be bad. Sometimes it is better to miss some data than having it in even in bad conditions. But those are just my thoughts. Anyway thank you for the reply, keep up the good work!

Comment

Originally posted by wamozart View Post
        I might agree with the rarity of the aircraft, but anyway a bit of quality in the image should be the least required. I was sad after the wide view because it was very very poor. I think that you should keep your standards in every situation, this is a database and ok, you need data. But not necessarily your data should be bad. Sometimes it is better to miss some data than having it in even in bad conditions. But those are just my thoughts. Anyway thank you for the reply, keep up the good work!
        That is one way to look at it, but not the only one. Sometimes it is better to have a rare photo, even with lower quality. As pointed out, we have some more photos of that aircraft, hence the decision to delete it.
        My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

Originally posted by LX-A343 View Post
          That is one way to look at it, but not the only one. Sometimes it is better to have a rare photo, even with lower quality. As pointed out, we have some more photos of that aircraft, hence the decision to delete it.
          I will say, I don't envy the fact that you guys have to make those calls from time to time, more so knowing that there will be angry people either way.
          [SIGNATURE GOES HERE]

Felipe Garcia

Comment

Publicly calling out the photographer is pretty bad form tbh. We've all seen photos that we are surprised make it on the DB from time to time, that's part and parcel of it. Screeners are human and inconsistencies happen, I hardly think it's acceptable to make aware when you think someone else's photo is undeserving of being on the site regardless of its validity.

Comment

How it is at all possible?

Comment

Originally posted by termit View Post
                How it is at all possible?

What do you mean?
                My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

Double shot with incorrect info. She will be deleted
                  “The only time you have too much fuel is when you’re on fire.”

Erwin

Comment

Working...
                  X