Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can you list all the reasons for rejection at once?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can you list all the reasons for rejection at once?

Just a little complain,When I first received the rejected email, the above was written:
    “Bad Info: Registration Screener's Comments: zero zero 00”
    Click image for larger version

Name:	1.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	27.4 KB
ID:	1045853
    Oh, my mistake.So I corrected the registration "B-00UT" and uploaded it again.Then I immediately got another rejected:
    "Undersharpened (Soft)"
    Click image for larger version

Name:	02.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	29.9 KB
ID:	1045854
    So I wasted another slot...If I see it in the first email, I think I won’t upload it again.

Sorry, My English is not well. I fully accept the reason for rejecting the photo. But I think this is a bit unfair. Because I made the changes exactly as prompted.

Originally posted by YsMilan View Post
    Just a little complain,When I first received the rejected email, the above was written:
    “Bad Info: Registration Screener's Comments: zero zero 00”
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]21233[/ATTACH]
    Oh, my mistake.So I corrected the registration "B-00UT" and uploaded it again.Then I immediately got another rejected:
    "Undersharpened (Soft)"
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]21234[/ATTACH]
    So I wasted another slot...If I see it in the first email, I think I won’t upload it again.

Sorry, My English is not well. I fully accept the reason for rejecting the photo. But I think this is a bit unfair. Because I made the changes exactly as prompted.
    Photography is not an exact science. What may look borderline acceptable to one screener, may look borderline but not acceptable for the next screener. That's live.
    My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

Originally posted by YsMilan View Post
      But I think this is a bit unfair. Because I made the changes exactly as prompted.
      It definitely does sting when you get the same photo rejected multiple times. And when the queue wait times are long, it makes the sting that much more painful.

With that being said, JetPhotos has difficult standards when it comes to screening photos. I myself struggled a little bit. For many new people like myself, it definitely takes time before you get an acceptance(I myself have yet to get an accepted photograph).

Here is what I am doing to hopefully increase my chances of future success. For every photo that get's rejected, I take the rejected photo and put it into a spreadsheet, along with the rejection reasons, and comments from the screener. Because the rejection reasons are somewhat standardized, I can track how my submissions are progressing. For instance, I got many rejections with "too much dead space", over time, I've noticed that I have gotten fewer rejections with that reason which to me is indicator that I am improving.

I guess what I am trying to say is that it is hard to get accepted photos. You may think that the rejection reasons are unfair. Standards at JetPhotos are extremely high. Don't give up! Don't take the rejections personally. The rejections DO NOT MEAN that you are bad photographer! Use every rejection as an opportunity to learn and increase your skills as a photographer!

Best of luck to you and happy photographing!

Kevin C

Comment

Working...
      X