Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question about doubles

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Question about doubles

    Hello
    Yesterday I ran into an error that, I discovered, I also committed other times.
    In practice I uploaded a shot that was already registered in the database. Nothing could be more wrong! If the registration was the same, the SN, vice versa, was different, so different aircraft. This I understood after a rejection (this time I'm very happy for it).
    In short, my shot was a 1st reg ..
    I wondered if it was possible, when loading a pic, in addition to checking the recording, even that of the SN, highlighting, if different, so that the upload is warned that the SN is missing in the database.
    Thanks and sorry for my bad english.

  • #2
    Originally posted by mahagonny View Post
    Hello
    Yesterday I ran into an error that, I discovered, I also committed other times.
    In practice I uploaded a shot that was already registered in the database. Nothing could be more wrong! If the registration was the same, the SN, vice versa, was different, so different aircraft. This I understood after a rejection (this time I'm very happy for it).
    In short, my shot was a 1st reg ..
    I wondered if it was possible, when loading a pic, in addition to checking the recording, even that of the SN, highlighting, if different, so that the upload is warned that the SN is missing in the database.
    Thanks and sorry for my bad english.
    Unfortunately I am unable to fully understand neither what you are trying to say, nor the situation you are trying to describe.

    Your photo was rejected for double even though it was a different aircraft? Is that what you are trying to say?

    Comment


    • #3
      I apologize. I mean that often there is already a registration of an aircraft but it is not the same even if the constructor and model are the same because the SN is different and belongs to another aircraft.
      I am attaching the link to two of my published photos. As you can see, the aircraft are the same model and the same manufacturer but they are two different. A search performed in the DB of Swiss aircraft confirms this.
      In the particular case I believe that Pilatus uses that registration for delivery and then the aircraft changes the registration in the country in which it is delivered. This determines that often there is a same registration for different aircraft.
      https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/9220629
      Here the SN of my shot is 262 while that of the others is different
      https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/9196198
      https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/9196197
      Here too it is the same registration but different SN
      I hope now to have been more precise.
      That's why I asked if the DB could double check both the recording and the SN / CN to determine if it is new registration or new aircraft.
      Sorry my bad english

      Comment


      • #4
        Ok is a silly question. Each ulploader should check both the registration and the SN / CN.
        Sorry

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by mahagonny View Post
          Ok is a silly question. Each ulploader should check both the registration and the SN / CN.
          Sorry
          Yes, you should check all of the information carefully. The situation you describe is rare enough that I don't think it warrants a wholesale change/addition to the current system.

          Comment


          • #6
            Ok. But now another question. For those photos is it possible to receive a badge for first registration?

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by mahagonny View Post
              Ok. But now another question. For those photos is it possible to receive a badge for first registration?
              You can add them manually. Just ask in the forums and they will add if for you if it is correct

              Comment

              Working...
              X