Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question About Shooting RAW

Hello, all.

I am a bit new at photography and have just started shooting RAW. I went out to the airport today and came back to my house to find that in Lightroom CC all my photos had a weird coloring or tint. I was shooting in AWB, which I suspect contributed to this. Is there any way to get the tint to normal so that it would be acceptable for JetPhotos? If not, how could I avoid this situation again?

Any response would be greatly appreciated

Regards
    Luca Flores

The best advice I can give is take an eye-drop tool to any part of the photo you know to be white. Other than that I don't know

Comment

Originally posted by klax_spotting View Post
      Hello, all.

I am a bit new at photography and have just started shooting RAW. I went out to the airport today and came back to my house to find that in Lightroom CC all my photos had a weird coloring or tint. I was shooting in AWB, which I suspect contributed to this. Is there any way to get the tint to normal so that it would be acceptable for JetPhotos? If not, how could I avoid this situation again?

Any response would be greatly appreciated

Regards
      Luca Flores
      There should be an easy way to adjust the WB using whatever your are to import the raw files to jpeg. On ACR it's simply a slider that lets you adjust it manually (or use one of a number of presets). That's actually one of the big benefits of shooting raw, is that the WB is so easy to fix. This is not the case with jpegs.

For the future, your camera's inability to get the AWB correct (actually quite unusual these days) is actually a moot point, since the WB needs to be set before converting from the raw to jpeg anyway.

Comment

If you should RAW the RAW converter decides the colour not the camera. Probably your software is set incorrectly.

Comment

Thanks so much for the responses. I convert from RAW to JPEG in Lightroom, when I save to a folder on my desktop. Is there some other software I should be using to convert that will set the WB correctly?

Luca Flores

Comment

Originally posted by klax_spotting View Post
            Thanks so much for the responses. I convert from RAW to JPEG in Lightroom, when I save to a folder on my desktop. Is there some other software I should be using to convert that will set the WB correctly?

Luca Flores
            I don't use Lightroom, but adjusting the WB is one of the most basic functions, so I'm sure there is a simple slider or something to do so. If you are unable to find it, why don't you take a screenshot of the RAW conversion window and post it.

Comment

Originally posted by klaxspotting View Post
              The best advice I can give is take an eye-drop tool to any part of the photo you know to be white. Other than that I don't know
              Since you are using Lr the eyedropper tool hereby mentioned by klaxspotting is the way to go. It is located next to the WB slider in the Develop section.

Comment

Please could someone remind me how to use the eyedropper tool to adjust whites and contrast. Many thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by TAA View Post
                  Please could someone remind me how to use the eyedropper tool to adjust whites and contrast. Many thanks.
                  Select the tool, then click on anywhere in the image that should be pure white, or pure black, depending on which dropper you've selected.

Comment

Did you know there are three different ways to edit your white balance in Lightroom? White balance is something that many photographers select with their in-camera settings and its function is to correct too warm or too cool colour casts as a result of  the lighting in your scene. For example, fluorescent lighting is very […]

My guess is that the drop down is set to something wrong.

Comment

And then adjust until pure black/white?

Comment

Im shooting in RAW but cant tell if that is the issue?

Is there a good trick to avoiding jpeg compression artifacts? Almost every picture I have uploaded to the queue has been rejected for "jpeg compression artifacts." If I can get past this one issue I might finally get some pictures up! Any tips are highly appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by nathanm04 View Post
                          Is there a good trick to avoiding jpeg compression artifacts? Almost every picture I have uploaded to the queue has been rejected for "jpeg compression artifacts." If I can get past this one issue I might finally get some pictures up! Any tips are highly appreciated.
                          Save your jpegs at maximum quality when converting from raw. You could even convert to tiffs first, do all of your editing, and then convert to jpeg as your final step, though adding such a step (editing in tiff) is rarely needed.

Comment

Working...
                          X