Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So just to confirm, new small flags on fuselages are now considered hot?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So just to confirm, new small flags on fuselages are now considered hot?

Hi JP,

So small flags on fuselages close to the registration or near the front when added or changed make a photo hot?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	18.1 KB
ID:	1045952

Thanks.

Any easily visible long-term change/update to the livery, yes.

Comment

Originally posted by dlowwa View Post
      Any easily visible long-term change/update to the livery, yes.
      Yes, long-term change. A couple of flags near the registration I believe is overkill and abusing the system. But I will take it in to account for the next time.

Comment

Originally posted by tomas_cubero View Post
        Yes, long-term change. A couple of flags near the registration I believe is overkill and abusing the system. But I will take it in to account for the next time.
        How is it abusing the system if it is allowed?

Comment

How is it abusing the system if it is allowed?
          Because, according to the Hot guidelines, its not enough of a "change" for it to be hot. Maybe I worded it wrong, its a photographer abusing the Hot system to get easy uploads and jumping the queue. A new scheme on an aircraft or even a tail change or some sort of interesting sticker should be hot, but a couple of small flags which usually go next to the registration I believe is overkill. I appreciate the hot system and use it quite often for new regs/schemes but never do minor changes as hot, its just not right. Obviously a screener or more allowed it as the photo is accepted. I am just worried that in the long-run photogs will ruin the system and trust of the screeners.

Comment

Originally posted by tomas_cubero View Post
            Because, according to the Hot guidelines, its not enough of a "change" for it to be hot. Maybe I worded it wrong, its a photographer abusing the Hot system to get easy uploads and jumping the queue. A new scheme on an aircraft or even a tail change or some sort of interesting sticker should be hot, but a couple of small flags which usually go next to the registration I believe is overkill. I appreciate the hot system and use it quite often for new regs/schemes but never do minor changes as hot, its just not right. Obviously a screener or more allowed it as the photo is accepted. I am just worried that in the long-run photogs will ruin the system and trust of the screeners.
            You realize that it wasn't accepted automatically, right? Screener(s) saw it, and decided it qualified as hot. There is no 'trust' to be lost. If something doesn't qualify as hot, it simply gets rejected. FR24 has asked that we accept any long-term change to the livery as hot, even small changes such as this, so it can have the most up-to-date images for its tracker. Don't see why you are getting worked up about it.

Comment

You realize that it wasn't accepted automatically, right? Screener(s) saw it, and decided it qualified as hot. There is no 'trust' to be lost. If something doesn't qualify as hot, it simply gets rejected. FR24 has asked that we accept any long-term change to the livery as hot, even small changes such as this, so it can have the most up-to-date images for its tracker. Don't see why you are getting worked up about it.
              The purpose of the post was to find out if this qualifies as hot and it apparently does so question answered. I will take this in to account on future uploads.

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
              X