Planespotting locations in Denver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Planespotting locations in Denver

I'm going to the Denver area next week and we've allowed time in our plan for spotting at Denver. I've mapped out a few locations using SpottersWiki and a few other sites and would like opinions on them if anybody knows that area well. Other ideas are welcome.

Spots are as follows:
    East 114 Avenue

Rental car facilities (if they are accessible)

Parking Garage at Denver Airport (which I wasn't able to find on google maps)

Intersection of East 88th Ave. and Gold Bug Street (if you can get there as a civillian)

East 120th Avenue

Many thanks in advance,
    Michael

This might help a bit.... https://www.spotterswiki.com/index.p...tional_Airport
    If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

You will need a car for each spotting location.

The best spot is on Valley Head St. which is right next to the Mt. Elbert parking lot and Runway 35L. If you have a 400mm lens, you should be able to get good shots of 35R too. This is a great spot for arrivals.

Go south on Valley Head St. to 56th. Ave. and head east if you want a closer angle/view for 35R arrivals. You will have to park alongside the road to do this.

Park alongside 120th Ave. if planes are landing on 16L and 16R.
      114th is not spotter friendly. Ops and Police will kick you out of the area immediately.

If planes are departing on rnwy 25, there is a Conoco Lot for you to park in and a little dirt patch for you to spot at.

Try not to use 96th Ave. near rnwy 8 unless there is a plane you are dying to see. I use this every once in while.
      Take Imboden Rd. to 96th Ave. and go west. There will be a sign that says something along the lines of "No Trespassing" or "Violators will be prosecuted." DO NOT GO BEYOND THIS SIGN.

I also do not suggest the garages. Poles are everywhere and interfere with a lot of photos.

Hope your stay in Denver is nice!

Comment

Thank you very much!

Comment

Working...
        X