Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Helicopter Cropping

Hi everybody,

I am a complete novice here, and even more so when it comes to Helicopters. My question is, is it acceptable to partially crop the rotors in a helicopter shot or are the rules similar to fixed wing aircraft where it should be shown in it's entirety?
    Having searched for a while on the forum I've not managed to find an answer to this and don't want to waste everybody's time by submitting an overcropped photo.

Any help much appreciated.

Dominic

Originally posted by DominicHall View Post
    Hi everybody,

I am a complete novice here, and even more so when it comes to Helicopters. My question is, is it acceptable to partially crop the rotors in a helicopter shot or are the rules similar to fixed wing aircraft where it should be shown in it's entirety?
    Having searched for a while on the forum I've not managed to find an answer to this and don't want to waste everybody's time by submitting an overcropped photo.

Any help much appreciated.

Dominic
    We accept images with cropped and uncropped rotors, it really depends on the aesthetics of a particular shot as to which one is more appropriate. Feel free to post here the one you are considering.

Comment

Ok Thanks, will be my first helicopter shots, also a new registaration to the database it would seem, so need to get that added also.

Will finish cropping and post shortly.

Comment

Originally posted by dlowwa View Post
        We accept images with cropped and uncropped rotors, it really depends on the aesthetics of a particular shot as to which one is more appropriate. Feel free to post here the one you are considering.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5112resized.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	553.4 KB
ID:	1034096

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5145resized.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	557.0 KB
ID:	1034097

These are the two I am happiest with, any advice would be much appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by DominicHall View Post
          [ATTACH=CONFIG]23197[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]23198[/ATTACH]

These are the two I am happiest with, any advice would be much appreciated.
          Personally, I'd prefer a wider crop on the ground shot, but the inflight one would be fine. There are other issues present though, so you might want to start a pre-screening/editing advice thread in the Digital Processing forum.

Comment

Originally posted by dlowwa View Post
            Personally, I'd prefer a wider crop on the ground shot, but the inflight one would be fine. There are other issues present though, so you might want to start a pre-screening/editing advice thread in the Digital Processing forum.
            Ok Thanks, I will change the first and do exactly that.

Comment

Working...
            X