Canon Lense

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canon Lense

I recently Brought a 75-300mm lense to use at my local airport. but thwn ever i do it was far to soft to try to put up on the DB. i am able to get a refund on it, so i was wondering what other lenses you fine people would suggest?

Im fairly happy with my Tamron 100-400mm. However, I would recommend Tamron for Canon, not Nikon, which is what I have in this case.

Because I use a Nikon D810, i get minor vignetting at anything under f/8 (especially cause im full frame). However most of it can be fixed in lightroom.

I believe the Canon 100-400 is amazing. However im yet to venture into the Canon market.

PS, dont buy those stupid 18-400mm or 60-600mm lenses from Tamron or Sigma, their utter crap. Stick to their 150-600mm or 100-400mm style lenses.
    View me on JetPhotos

Comment

Hi
      I use Tamron 100 - 400mm with Canon and I'm very satsfactory of this lens.
      If you whant to see some pics by this lens, visit my profile. The last shoots are all by that.

Comment

I currently use the Tamron 18-400 which meeshboi criticised. It can be an absolutely incredible lens or it can be absolute trash. You never know which it will be, and in the year of owning it I still can't figure out why. It can (in rare cases) be far sharper than a 100-400, but a lot of the time it is softer, and occasionally dreadful. The Sigma 60-600 seems like a beast of a lens from all the reviews I've read.
        I tried a Tamron 150-600 G2 in Brisbane, and switched back to my 18-400 because it was sharper.

Comment

Originally posted by NZDN_spotting View Post
          I currently use the Tamron 18-400 which meeshboi criticised. It can be an absolutely incredible lens or it can be absolute trash. You never know which it will be, and in the year of owning it I still can't figure out why. It can (in rare cases) be far sharper than a 100-400, but a lot of the time it is softer, and occasionally dreadful. The Sigma 60-600 seems like a beast of a lens from all the reviews I've read.
          I tried a Tamron 150-600 G2 in Brisbane, and switched back to my 18-400 because it was sharper.
          The focal excursion is too extensive. It can be as accurate as you want, but it remains a compromised solution. Already the 100 - 400 Tamron, one of the best on the market in the quality / price ratio, has problems with vignetting with very open diaphragms.
          In essence, if you want the best quality you have to use fixed optics because the zoom, and especially the telezoom, is, however, a compromise solution.
          Excuse my bad English.

Comment

Originally posted by FlyBoyOne View Post
            I recently Brought a 75-300mm lense to use at my local airport. but thwn ever i do it was far to soft to try to put up on the DB. i am able to get a refund on it, so i was wondering what other lenses you fine people would suggest?
            Can you upload one or two of those soft photos? Maybe it is not lenses fault.

Comment

Originally posted by FlyBoyOne View Post
              1. If your spotting location is too far away from the subject, no affordable lenses could ever fix that.

2. Even if you can afford a lens good enough, the quality of the shot depends largely on your techniques.

3. I'm using a 80D + 70-200 IS USM combination and extremely happy with those.

HAN HPH VII VDH HUI DAD UIH CXR DLI SGN PQC KUL KCH SIN BKK CNX PNH RGN MNL CEB HKG CAN PEK NKG HGH NNG PVG WUH ICN GMP PUS CJU TPE NRT HND ITM
              B78X - B789 - B788 - B77W - B773 - B772 - B744 - B739 - B738 - B737 - A388 - A359 - A333 - A332 - A321 - A21N - A320 - A20N - A319 - E190

Comment

Working...
              X