LAX Meeting this past weekend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LAX Meeting this past weekend

It was nice to see some of my fellow spotters and photographers at the Imperial Hill this past weekend. Some of the mentionable names include Andy Martin, Clovis, Mike Carter, Josh May, Paul Paulson, and Sam Chui. I for one would like to have more gatherings like this in the future. Maybe when Chris moves to LAS he would be willing to come to LA and hang out with the boys.

Stephen

Yeah I had a relatively good time, despite the crap weather. Thanks to Jay for letting me play with his D30.
    I hope Andy and Sam took advantage of today's sun!

-CLovis

Comment

Oh, so nobody invited me!?!
      -Just Kidding :P

Comment

Damnit...why do I have to live in the middle of nowhere. Clovis once you're out here (if I'm still here instructing) we'll have to make some trips to MSP and maybe YWG. Spotting in GFK is useless. Same aircraft all the time. There's actually a bunch of guys from alrliners.net that got a "club" together to go spotting at GFK. They have a website and everything. Its rather amusing to read the 'minutes' from their meetings. Its always something like "well...we were expecting about 10 people to show up, but it was only 3. We spotted the Saab, the Avro, and the 727 today. Later this week so and so are going to talk to Fedex about getting ramp access to take pictures of the 727...blah blah blah"

Comment

Yeah minutes from an LAX meet is like "...Saudi private A340 was here Saturday, left on 24L, only taxi shots, Air Pacific Fiji sticker here, shot, ANA Pokemon 744 here, shot, ANZ Lord Of The Rings here, shot, Southwest 737 /winglets here, shot, Varig new colors here, shot.,..."

LOL

-Clovis

Comment

Now Clovis, please be kind to the less fortunite since they are not as lucky as us.

Stephen

Comment

Christ, even at ORD its shite weather and in only 30 mins i saw: Aviacsa 732, KLM 743, BA 772, SAS A340, BMI A330, LH 744 (Yea u will never see that at LAX!) and a bunch of Funjet and USA3K.

Crap weather and no special liveries... *sighs* welcome to Chicago.
              Legia Warszawa - Duma Stolicy Polski
              Sail the Smooth Skies to ORD with the 767-300ER

Photos: http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=5
              http://www.jetphotos.net/members/viewprofile.php?id=5

Comment

Well Peter, we already get the Aviacsa 732, KLM 744, LH 744, AM 752, Air Tahiti Nui A340, KL 772/773, NZ Lord Of The Rings 744/763 and China Eastern A340-600 so it is really no big loss. :P

Stephen

Comment

Well you guys, at Copenhagen we get non of the above! Only lots of SAS B737's, MD82's Maersk B737's, Sterling B737's, Skyways F50's and a lot of other small crap
                  Regards
                  Soren Madsen

Spotting guide to CPH www.cphaviation.dk

Comment

I miss seeing that Scandinavian crap, especially at ARN when I lived in Sweden.

Stephen

Comment

Was great meeting everyone at LAX this last weekend, j.net and a.net contributors alike. Nice to see that we can all get along together when we're face to face!

Seems like I got out of LAX just before the weather turned real bad - I left Wednesday 10:50 just before the hail from what I gather.

My first five pics from the trip are up on this site - thanks to the screeners here for the fast processing. Two are from LAX (I tried to do something a little different) and three from the Victorville and Mojave overflights which I'd whole-heartedly recommend to anyone who's prepared to spend the money on 3-4 hours Cessna hire (next time I'm over I'll even fly the airplane if anyone wants to do it!).

Best all,

Andy

Comment

I would be very interested in that VCV idea Andy, I emailed Sam this morning to see if he knows anyone going out that way in the spring but as always I like to keep my options open in terms of being open to other ideas.

I would really like to do LAX but I'm not sure that I want to sit around and shoot heavies all day when I can get the same planes at LHR/SYD/SIN etc. I would rather head on to LAS or PHX for example and shoot stuff which (to me) is more unique such as WN/AW plus some 757s etc from the US majors. Anyway, I'm basically looking for somewhere to go in March/April for a few days preferably not on my own and the places I have in mind at the moment are South Africa, Indonesia or US East Coast (too cold on the West Coast )

Matt

Matt
                        My gallery of transport and travel pictures.

Click Here to view my photos at RailPictures.Net!

Comment

Originally posted by egll
                          Anyway, I'm basically looking for somewhere to go in March/April for a few days preferably not on my own and the places I have in mind at the moment are South Africa, Indonesia or US East Coast (too cold on the West Coast)
                          Matt,

I think you have your US coasts mixed up!

But I'm hoping to be in either SoCal or Arizona March/April time and hope to repeat the overflight process, either with me driving the plane or sharing costs same as myself and Sam did.

Andy

Comment

I better hope that doesn't happen if I ever want to go to EAST Midlands airport-I'll end up in Wolverhampton or something

But I'm more than willing to pay my way around the graveyards in the US!

Matt
                            My gallery of transport and travel pictures.

Click Here to view my photos at RailPictures.Net!

Comment

Matt (and others),

Anyone who's going to be in the Vegas area is more than welcome to crash at my place if you'd like (about 5 mins drive from McCarran). Futon's available -- all you need to do is ask.

I'm also a licensed pilot, so if any of you guys would like to go up and share time over Victorville or Mojave (especially you, Andy.. we could alternate flying and shooting between the two of us ), just give me a hollar!
                              Trump is an idiot!
                              Vote Democrats!!

Comment

Working...
                              X