Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Airports - Hot photo?

Hey guys,

Ive seen the recent developments on FlightRadar24 where airports now display an associated picture much like aircraft do,

I just had a simple question...

Should you upload the first image of an airport, or, if you upload a picture of a airport with significant changes since the last image (eg. terminal overhaul) do the same hot photo rules apply that do for aircraft?

I understand this isn't currently included in the hot picture guidelines but just thought it was worth the ask considering the addition of these images to FlightRadar24.

Thanks heaps,

Kindest Regards,
    Jordan W

Originally posted by Jordan Williams View Post
    Hey guys,

Ive seen the recent developments on FlightRadar24 where airports now display an associated picture much like aircraft do,

I just had a simple question...

Should you upload the first image of an airport, or, if you upload a picture of a airport with significant changes since the last image (eg. terminal overhaul) do the same hot photo rules apply that do for aircraft?
    At the moment, no.

Comment

Originally posted by dlowwa View Post
      At the moment, no.
      That's a feature that needs to be added in the future. I would like to see that.

Obviously, have some rules supporting it.
      View me on JetPhotos

Comment

My current feeling is that we won´t allow this, as it would be too time consuming. Comparing the livery of a plane to the pics in the db is easy, for an airport it is much more complicated when you think of the many different terminals some airports have.

Comment

Originally posted by seahawk View Post
          My current feeling is that we won´t allow this, as it would be too time consuming. Comparing the livery of a plane to the pics in the db is easy, for an airport it is much more complicated when you think of the many different terminals some airports have.
          My point exactly

Comment

Originally posted by Jordan Williams View Post
            Ive seen the recent developments on FlightRadar24 where airports now display an associated picture much like aircraft do
            You beat me to it

I have just made the below forum post:

Hope this clears things up for you. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
            Laurence

Comment

Yeah thats completely understandable, didn't think about it that way!

Originally posted by laurencefr24 View Post
              You beat me to it

I have just made the below forum post:

Hope this clears things up for you. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
              Laurence
              Thanks heaps Laurence, will keep that in mind if I have any more questions in future!

Comment

Fair enough. Airplanes are more important and it would be hard to spot changes. I could work for newly built terminals, added runways or new airports.
                View me on JetPhotos

Comment

Working...
                X