Upgrade From EOS 60D

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgrade From EOS 60D

Hi Guys Im wanting to upgrade from my Canon 60D to something a bit better I originally loooked at the 6D mark III but for what you get the 80D seems a better option? I dont really want full Frame either as I am restricted on lens etc

Anyone elese use the 80D and can comment? I really find the swivel screen helpful for those times a fence is a bit high and i dont have a ladder!

What about 7DmkII? pretty powerful nonFF body. Using it for almost 2 years - I'm very happy with it.

Comment

I use the 80D and love it. Don't know if it's a huge upgrade over the 60D but having more resolution definitely gives more leeway in capturing and processing. I too could not justify giving up the extra "zoom" of crop frame for aviation photography.

P.S. it's not clear to me what the future holds for the crop frame Canon DSLRs as I expected replacements for the 80D and 7D Mk ii to be out by now.

Comment

Aren’t canon bringing out a 90D? I’d wait till that if you want a crop sensor DSLR.

Comment

Originally posted by Dash8captain View Post
          Hi Guys Im wanting to upgrade from my Canon 60D to something a bit better I originally loooked at the 6D mark III but for what you get the 80D seems a better option? I dont really want full Frame either as I am restricted on lens etc

Anyone elese use the 80D and can comment? I really find the swivel screen helpful for those times a fence is a bit high and i dont have a ladder!
          First question for you is: what is your camera good at? what do you miss? what do you want to achieve with a new camera? Better wait and get the most our of your camera, instead of spending money on a minimal upgrade. Maybe new lenses bring you more. I doubt, the 80D will bring you much. If anything, maybe the 7D is a better upgrade.
          My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

Well the 80D appeals to me as it has the touchscreen plus the ability to transfer photos to my mobile via NFC etc, plus the 80D is 24mp as opposed to the 18.1MP on my 60D

The 60D is a great camera and have had it for 6 years now however I just think I could benefit from some of the new features the 80D has or possibly the 7D?

Comment

Anyone else?

Comment

Originally posted by Dash8captain View Post
                Anyone else?
                I upgraded from 60D to 80D and I’m happy with that choice. Like Gerardo already said, ask yourself what you want to achieve with the new camera.

Comment

I actually would vote for 800D over 80D. It has a newer generation processor, and other than that is hardware wise identical to the more expensive 80D.

Comment

Originally posted by NZDN_spotting View Post
                    I actually would vote for 800D over 80D. It has a newer generation processor, and other than that is hardware wise identical to the more expensive 80D.
                    A 3-digit can be a great money saver but I would watch out for, among other things, a) reduced buffer size (if shooting RAW) b) resale value (especially the intentionally poor external finish materials) and c) lack of AF custom functions

Comment

After a lot more research Lol i'm looking at going to the EOS R Mirrorless camera - anyone use this beast and can comment? obviously would use an adapter so I can use my current lens

Comment

The future is mirrorless, and mirrorless is the future...

Comment

Working...
                        X