Hows the screening?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hows the screening?

I am happy to say I have just gotten Verizon DSL, 786kbps, very fast, and I have been able to screen at record speeds Problem now is, my fellow screeners aren't leaving me any work to do!

How do you guys think the screening has been? Notice a slight increase in standards? I think we've been keeping the queue moving very quickly lately.

-Clovis

I have not had anything to upload for quite a while unfortunately. That will change in about 2 weeks though when I go to Hawaii

Comment

I was a bit disappointed that after I uploaded my pictures there was enough time to make a cup of coffee before I returned to find them on the database.

I might add that the kettle had already boiled when I was doing the uploading, so it's not all bad!

Comment

My last round of uploads went up real fast, no more five minute wait between pics. Yes I've noticed the standards have gone up, which personally I'm happy about. Higher standards mean I have to better myself as a photographer. Even with the higher standards my last round of uploads only 3 out of 35 pictures were rejected, not bad. I thought two would be rejected but I figured I'd give it a shot.

P.S Clovis what were you using before DSL? Please don't tell me dial up... Love my cable modem!

Comment

56k man...absolute death!

-Clovis

Comment

Sorry Clovis, we all know you have no life after school, but we thought we would all screen so you could study and get good grades......hahahaha

Stephen

Comment

Originally posted by Leftseat86
              56k man...absolute death!
              I second that. I can only imagine how slow has it must been to screen with it.

I switched away from 56K a while ago and I must say that benefits of DSL are nice, especially when I got a 8Mbit line

PS. You will get something to screen once my examweek is over
              http://ovp.fi

Comment

Originally posted by Olli Vainio
                I switched away from 56K a while ago and I must say that benefits of DSL are nice, especially when I got a 8Mbit line
                Can you explain how you get 8mbit speed from a DSL line? I REALLY would like to know how that is done. Maybe you live in an apartment over top of the CO?

Comment

Originally posted by JeffinDEN
                  Can you explain how you get 8mbit speed from a DSL line? I REALLY would like to know how that is done. Maybe you live in an apartment over top of the CO?
                  Its quite simple really...OPOY(my local ISP) only offers 8/1Mbit ADSL or 10/10Mbit VDSL...and they cost about 70euros/month. Unfortenately I can get "only" the ADSL because I live too far away from a VDSL-networknode
                  http://ovp.fi

Comment

So that why screening nowadays has been so $#@% quick

Thank you Clovis for getting DSL and all the others for your hard work

More uploads on the way...

Comment

Its quite simple really...OPOY(my local ISP) only offers 8/1Mbit ADSL or 10/10Mbit VDSL...and they cost about 70euros/month. Unfortenately I can get "only" the ADSL because I live too far away from a VDSL-networknode
                      Wow 70 euros a month!! In the UK is about £299 a month.

Cheers

Gabe

Comment

ADSL downstream transport capacity is basically from 2.048 Mbps to 6.144 Mbps. A POTS line you would have to be less then 5000 feet from the CO to achieve that speed. That's why I asked if you lived over the CO.

Comment

Clovis, if you are really that keen to screen you can do my share of screening while I'm on holiday

Matt
                          My gallery of transport and travel pictures.

Click Here to view my photos at RailPictures.Net!

Comment

Sure Matt, leave all you want. I just screened 60 in about 15 minutes. Mind boggling when one comes from 56k...

-Clovis

Comment

15 seconds per picture? hmmm.....

Comment

Working...
                              X