Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bug in new registration process?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Bug in new registration process?

    Just wondering if anyone has notice a bug in the uploading of a new registration? I uploaded this last night (https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=7527467), it is the first picture of N715FX on Jetphotos, but it seems like it is being queued as a normal process photo. I don't mind waiting for it to go through the regular screening process but I just thought I'd mention it for the JP crew to investigate.

  • #2
    Originally posted by MarkLawrence View Post
    Just wondering if anyone has notice a bug in the uploading of a new registration? I uploaded this last night (https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=7527467), it is the first picture of N715FX on Jetphotos, but it seems like it is being queued as a normal process photo. I don't mind waiting for it to go through the regular screening process but I just thought I'd mention it for the JP crew to investigate.
    Just for info - did you filled up something in "Hot Photo" text box or not?

    Comment


    • #3
      No - because first registrations on the site are supposed to automatically be placed to the top of the screening queue per the hot photo guidelines.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by MarkLawrence View Post
        No - because first registrations on the site are supposed to automatically be placed to the top of the screening queue per the hot photo guidelines.
        Hmm... you are referring to "the hot photo guidelines" which literally refer to the occasions where somebody is EXPECTED to fill in the "Hot Photo" text box with one or more of them. Now, do you get where I am taking this...?

        Btw, guidelines state nowhere that the system itself prioritizes new registrations in database automatically in the screening queue.

        Comment


        • #5
          Btw, guidelines state nowhere that the system itself prioritizes new registrations in database automatically in the screening queue.
          Have a look at point 6 of Alex's last post here:

          6. photos of airliners with a registration not in the database will count as hot.

          [EDIT]Every new registration that I have entered over the last year+ has been treated as a hot photo[/EDIT]

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by MarkLawrence View Post
            Have a look at point 6 of Alex's last post here:

            6. photos of airliners with a registration not in the database will count as hot.

            [EDIT]Every new registration that I have entered over the last year+ has been treated as a hot photo[/EDIT]
            Although I am very well acquainted with the 2.5 paragraph, I am looking and still cannot understand why would somebody conclude that any photo falling into a category between 1 and 6 is "supposed to automatically" be prioritized by the site.

            It is a totally manual process: you feel/know/decide your photo qualifies as Hot according to 1-6, then you input the reasoning in the Hot text box while uploading

            No fancy AI system does it for you!

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by gxaid View Post
              No fancy AI system does it for you!
              Actually, this time I am afraid you are incorrect. Working in the software development industry myself, it is entirely possible to do, but I'll leave it at the following comments that were made on other post:

              Well actually I have been in your shoes not that long ago and it is a massive learning curve getting your head around all this, so, if it's not in the guidelines ill tell you now for future:

              - If its a new rego (ie. the registration of the aircraft has previously not been uploaded to the db) then it will enter automatic screening once you upload it.

              - If an aircraft type has changed for a rego (like your G450/Falcon situation) then you need to say so in the hot photo box if you want it to go into priority screening.

              - If the livery, or anything other than a new rego situation occurs that constitues a hot photo in the guidelines, you need to write that reason in the hot photo box if you want it to go into priority screening.
              But, then I'll ask the screeners if this policy still applies - it did for two other brand new registrations I submitted a couple of weeks ago - I was merely asking if something had been introduced into the process.

              Comment


              • #8
                Sometimes the system doesn’t automatically recognize it as a new registration. So to be 100% sure that it will end up in the hot queue, it’s better to leave a short note in the hot text box.
                Last edited by JVSpotter; 2019-08-23, 20:34.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Thanks - I have done that - but I just wanted to let the site people know of the potential bug as well.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Hi Mark,
                    Yes it's supposed to select hot automatically but on some very rare cases like here, it doesn't. Best advice is indeed to always leave a small comment in the hot photo box

                    Kind Regards
                    Alex

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Thanks for reporting this. We will add this to our backlog and try to replicate it.

                      Thanks,
                      Laurence

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by MarkLawrence View Post
                        Actually, this time I am afraid you are incorrect. Working in the software development industry myself, it is entirely possible to do, but I'll leave it at the following comments that were made on other post:
                        Don't get me wrong. I did not comment on the potential of it being done automatically by todays tech but on wether this platform employs such function which I had the impression it did not! The additional comments you included never happened to come to my attention up-to-date.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Just noting on this bug, still exists. I uploaded a photo of N607NN CRJ900 and no photos shown in system and no priority given. Comments added to Hot Photo text box.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by baldwin8 View Post
                            Just noting on this bug, still exists. I uploaded a photo of N607NN CRJ900 and no photos shown in system and no priority given. Comments added to Hot Photo text box.
                            I think it als happens when the reg is uploaded before allready but the shot rejected. Somewhere the reg lingers on in the dbase so it doesnt recognize it as first reg as with your upload.
                            “The only time you have too much fuel is when you’re on fire.”

                            Erwin

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by ErwinS View Post
                              I think it als happens when the reg is uploaded before allready but the shot rejected. Somewhere the reg lingers on in the dbase so it doesnt recognize it as first reg as with your upload.
                              Yes, that is very possible. We have not had any time to investigate or try to replicate the issue but it would make sense if this was the case.

                              The other scenario that I can think of is if there is only 1 photo of that reg in the DB that is then deleted- that may also cause this issue.

                              Thanks,
                              Laurence

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X