Paul

And it was probably me who rejected

Cheers

Gary

Comment

Gary , the £ 50 is in the post for your camera

cheers Tony

Comment

Very probably Gary - one of the reasons i am trying here is the level of rejection on "the dark side" (way too picky imho) was getting silly and the length of time it took to upload (7 - 10 mins per image) is an awful lot of time to invest and get nothing for it.

Comment

Hi,

atco:
          This is a vibrant, and active place to be, and it has a great future. If you are looking for gaurantees that there will be no problems in the future, I doubt you will get them........Can anyone get a gaurantee from Johan that a.net will never crash, or suffer any kind of hardware/software problem...........I doubt he would gaurantee that, so its a bit unfair to expect that here.
          I could not agree more. But hopefully this will make the site more stable and us more committed to this site.

This site is only "6 months" old? I wonder if a.net did not have any problems during their first 6 months.

Time for more re-uploading. This is making me better uploader!! So much practice!!

Comment

Once again clovis survives the mess-ups, I have lost only 2 pics this time, lost 0 pics last time
            Sucks for all you other guys, I'll just re-upload...

-Clovis

Comment

While it's frustrating to lose pictures everyone has to remember this site is still very much new and is bound to have its share of growing pains. A.net is an established website that like Jetphotos had its share of growing pains.

Pound for pound for a brand new site Chris has packed allot of features that A.net doesn't have. While I'm no expert in web design and server issues perhaps a set of checks and balances be setup before any future upgrades or moves?

Comment

programming on a live system!

> while trying to program in the new re-upload photo feature

This is a first... testing new features on a live system is, well...
                Sunil
                Lockon Aviation Photography

Comment

Sunil,

With respect the re-upload system was not being tested, but was being programmed in to go live.

Two words were accidentaly omitted from a 20,000 word script.

It was a mistake, human error, so please give the guys a break.

I assume that at some point in your life, you have made a mistake ?

The alternative is that no new features are ever added to the site.

Garry
                  Garry Lewis

Air Team Images - www.airteamimages.com
                  Air Traffic Controller - Toronto ACC (West Low)

https://flic.kr/ps/AAWk8

Comment

One Bright Spot

The one photo which I had uploaded, which was corrupted after uploading, is now gone! woohoo! so I can upload it again... :P
                    View my photos at JP.Net
                    Home Airport: Jackson - Evers Int'l (JAN) - Jackson, MS
                    Camera: Canon 50D, 100-400L/17-85 lenses

Comment

I am pretty frustrated with Matthew because i did lose around 50 pics in all. But people make errors, and especially on a newer site. I can see why some people are frustrated. But hey, with trial and error good things will come out too.
                      Legia Warszawa - Duma Stolicy Polski
                      Sail the Smooth Skies to ORD with the 767-300ER

Photos: http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=5
                      http://www.jetphotos.net/members/viewprofile.php?id=5

Comment

> I assume that at some point in your life, you have made a mistake ?

Many!

No offense meant. Live and learn I guess. Anything we say at this point is just 20/20 hindsight.

I will upload the paltry four pictures I lost again and then some!
                        Sunil
                        Lockon Aviation Photography

Comment

Does this crash (luckily only lost 2 pics) explain why every small/preview picture for every photo on this site was a black and white picture of britney spears last night? I was sort of confused why jetphotos.net had become "a lot of carbon copy pictures of britney spears.net".

My Photos On Jetphotos.net

Comment

Britney Spears hmmm... Must have been a photo from Chris's machine. Wonder what else besides planes and trains he has.

I apologize to Chris beforehand for this immature...but necessary post.

Comment

Yea, the first time went the server "crashed", I lost over 50 pictures and then the second time, within WEEKS, I lost about 30 pictures....hmmmm, about a good 2-3 hours of uploading work and getting all the information corrected and making it worth for other people. For example, the serial number on the aircraft and the year that it was built.

I wasn't too happy last night and Chris, I wasn't too happy about your act last night in the chatroom.

Comment

I write down the information I submit with my photos so if it is lost or it is rejected and I have to work with it to make it better I don't have to go back and get that information all over again.

Comment

Working...
                                X