Picture: total complete amazing insanity :O

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gerardo,
    Not as loud as I would have thought... the departure shot, was louder of course, but not as loud as a 727 going overhead. Even I was surprised.

AJ,
    Thanks mate.. might have to go there and check it out myself.

Jasonblmu,
    I was talking to the security officer, and he said that if something were to go wrong, we were not classified as a problem to the aircraft, as it would just plough straight through us. I then shook his hand and said it was nice knowing him, just in case it did blow a tyre or something. Yikes!

GrantT,
    I was asked by Canberra airport to take promotional photos, and they allowed me to walk to the edge of the runway.

Glenn,
    It would have been nice to finally meet you. Next time I have a trip planned to Canberra, I'll let you know.

Clovis,
    Take-off shots coming up soon.. when I get a chance. I've never had so many emails to respond to... my typing is improving in pace, but the spelling mistakes are getting worse!

Cheers

David.M.
    Cheers

David.M.

Comment

Every once in a while you see a shot that redefines what you consider a great aviation image, and what's possible. This is one of those shots. I'm afraid this shot is going to stick in my head until I can get myself in a position to pull off something as exciting!

The only question remaining is what will happen first? Will David get decapitated by an unexpected wing dip or will Glenn finally acheive his obvious desire to find out what happens when you walk through a spinning prop?

Cheers,

Colin

Comment

fantastic shot Dave!

next trips
        USA/DXB August.

Comment

I got down there yesterday as well David - gobsmacked when I saw your photo, simply amazing, excellent stuff and I loved the departure one with the guys by the side of the runway. Hope you bought Alex a beer

Comment

Damn David WHAt a shot! You get the award for the biggest Cojones!
            E-Mail Me - My Photo's - My Photographer Profile

Comment

This is truly a great shot!

I'm deffinately going to try something similar at EFOU next summer (unfortenately only with Finnair B757 because its larges a/c we get )
              http://ovp.fi

Comment

What Colin, you mean like this shot

VH-NIS. Extra EA 300S. JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Can't work out how to post the picture, so the link it is.

Comment

faaaaark, you guys like living dangerously!

sensational shot Glenn!

next trips
                  USA/DXB August.

Comment

Originally posted by LX-A343
                    Great picture!!! That's all I can say.

Well, that, and I need a new camera, because I'm going to throw mine out of the window ..... again!!

BTW, was it loud, David?

Cheers
                    Gerardo
                    wtf Gerardo? Dont you like the D60?

Kick-ass pic btw, congrats!
                    greetings,
                    Philip

Comment

Working...
                    X