• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• philip
    replied
    Originally posted by LX-A343
    Great picture!!! That's all I can say.

Well, that, and I need a new camera, because I'm going to throw mine out of the window ..... again!!

BTW, was it loud, David?

Cheers
    Gerardo
    wtf Gerardo? Dont you like the D60?

Kick-ass pic btw, congrats!

Leave a comment:

• Longreach747
    replied
    faaaaark, you guys like living dangerously!

sensational shot Glenn!

Leave a comment:

• Glenn
    replied
    What Colin, you mean like this shot

http://www.jetphotos.net/viewphoto.php?id=193911

Can't work out how to post the picture, so the link it is.

Leave a comment:

• Olli Vainio
    replied
    This is truly a great shot!

I'm deffinately going to try something similar at EFOU next summer (unfortenately only with Finnair B757 because its larges a/c we get )

Leave a comment:

• v1images
    replied
    Damn David WHAt a shot! You get the award for the biggest Cojones!

Leave a comment:

• Swagman
    replied
    I got down there yesterday as well David - gobsmacked when I saw your photo, simply amazing, excellent stuff and I loved the departure one with the guys by the side of the runway. Hope you bought Alex a beer

Leave a comment:

• Longreach747
    replied
    fantastic shot Dave!

Leave a comment:

• ckw
    replied
    Every once in a while you see a shot that redefines what you consider a great aviation image, and what's possible. This is one of those shots. I'm afraid this shot is going to stick in my head until I can get myself in a position to pull off something as exciting!

The only question remaining is what will happen first? Will David get decapitated by an unexpected wing dip or will Glenn finally acheive his obvious desire to find out what happens when you walk through a spinning prop?

Cheers,

Colin

Leave a comment:

• ypad_dave
    replied
    Gerardo,
    Not as loud as I would have thought... the departure shot, was louder of course, but not as loud as a 727 going overhead. Even I was surprised.

AJ,
    Thanks mate.. might have to go there and check it out myself.

Jasonblmu,
    I was talking to the security officer, and he said that if something were to go wrong, we were not classified as a problem to the aircraft, as it would just plough straight through us. I then shook his hand and said it was nice knowing him, just in case it did blow a tyre or something. Yikes!

GrantT,
    I was asked by Canberra airport to take promotional photos, and they allowed me to walk to the edge of the runway.

Glenn,
    It would have been nice to finally meet you. Next time I have a trip planned to Canberra, I'll let you know.

Clovis,
    Take-off shots coming up soon.. when I get a chance. I've never had so many emails to respond to... my typing is improving in pace, but the spelling mistakes are getting worse!

Cheers

David.M.
    www.davidmorrell.com

Leave a comment:

• LX-A343
    replied
    Great picture!!! That's all I can say.

Well, that, and I need a new camera, because I'm going to throw mine out of the window ..... again!!

BTW, was it loud, David?

Cheers
    Gerardo

Leave a comment:

• Chris Kilroy
    replied
    Originally posted by AJ
    You just can't satisfy some people!
    Or teach them proper grammar, apparently.

Leave a comment:

• AJ
    replied
    Well done David.

I've just responded to a naysayer at a.net:

A certain fellow Airliners photographer emailed this picture and that is what I told him something just not look right about the picture plus I thing the angle of the picture the wing would of gone right over him.
    You just can't satisfy some people!

Leave a comment:

• jasonblmu
    replied
    AAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

What an amazing shot!! You are a lucky guy....for many reasons! ...your still alive!

Love to see some more shots like that, even if its from a 737..

Leave a comment:

• GrantT
    replied
    How exactly did you get that close?

Leave a comment:

• Glenn
    replied
    DAmn, Wish i had gone down now. I seem to be having some bad luck. I was organising another up and coming shoot so couldn't make it. And that on top of having to also knock back a flight in a Tiger Moth over the War Memorial on the 6th Decemeber because I wont be in Canberra then either But then I am promised something better so I hope the weather holds.
    Unlike my recent trip to Melbourne where it has not stopped raining since and in style too i might add.
    http://edition.cnn.com/2003/WORLD/as...ia.storm.reut/

But damn I still wish I could have made it for the Emirates shot

Leave a comment:

Working...
X