I'm within 2 days from buying a F717

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm within 2 days from buying a F717

Well I'm within two or mabye three days from purchasing a Sony F717. I'm pretty sure the 717 is the way to go for me as I'm on a budget at the moment. Does anyone who has a 717 have any reservations or would anyone recommend a 5 MP camera between 0 and 600 bucks? Thanks!
    CheckSix

Equipment: A camera (who gives a rip about the brand?)

I have a F707 and I think they are pretty much the same...

If you can find a F717 for less than $700, go for it....trust me it's worth it
    Check out my photos at jp.net! http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=613

Comment

Found it for about 570 at www.newegg.com Whole bunch of rebates!
      CheckSix

Comment

If you really wanted a good kit you would save some more, get a used D30/D60 and a nice lens.
        Beats me why anyone buys consumer digitals when ebay has D30s at 500$...

-Clovis

Comment

Really Clovis? I need to check that out!

Comment

... OR you could get a D100 and an 80-400VR... (happy Jeff?)

-Clovis :P

Comment

Hi,

I have the same camera and it works for me in most instances. Clovis is right about the D30...occasionally you can find good deals on EBAY. For me, I bought the camera because I could not afford a nice lens and zoom lens. I have practiced a lot on it and my hope is to upgrade to a DSLR some time next year.

I would say that you should try to stay away from the camera unless you can get pretty close to the runways. This is fairly possible at LAX, however at other airports I have encountered problems. I really like the controls, focus speed and the feel of the cam, the only set back is the zoom capabilities and noise problems which can be common with consumer cams. If your set on buying a consumer cam, and are far from your subjects, I would reccomend going for a 10X optical camera. There are some new ones by KODAK, Olympus, and Panasonic....I dont know about focus speed etc.. but the price is good and you can zoom in fairly easily.

Just cause I can...I'll add links to some shots taken with cam, 98% of mine are taken with the 717.

Good luck

[photoid=188466]

[photoid=184649]

[photoid=184663]
              JASON
              [email protected]

www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=1276

Comment

Well I'm kind of worried about buying on eBay. You don't know what your getting until you've got it. It could be a piece of junk and the people are lying, but then there's the ratings. It doesn't look like some of them come with warranties, so if there's the single dreaded moment then well... you're finished.
                CheckSix

Comment

If you're very, very lucky you can get a D30 with warranty at eBay. Those are mostly sold by 2nd hand dealers. I even saw a new, unused D30 a couple of weeks ago. However, it cost alomost as much as the 300D (Digital Rebel).

Thomas

PS: I can agree with the opinions above. Get a DSLR. Even if it's used camera with a cheap Canon lens--you'll play in a whole different league.

Comment

Originally posted by CheckSix
                    Well I'm kind of worried about buying on eBay. You don't know what your getting until you've got it. It could be a piece of junk and the people are lying, but then there's the ratings. It doesn't look like some of them come with warranties, so if there's the single dreaded moment then well... you're finished.
                    Don't be. I've bought all of my camera crap except for the camera itself off eBay. Never had a problem!

Comment

Well I'm kind of worried about buying on eBay.
                      LOL, I bought one for 550 off Ebay, the camera never came and the lady disappeared that sold it to me, but PayPal was able to recover 480 from her. That was a real setback since she had 50 + reviews and no bad ones. I have had other experiences, if you do buy one off there, be careful and buy their insruance.

Comment

Originally posted by AIRLNRGUY
                        Well I'm kind of worried about buying on eBay.
                        LOL, I bought one for 550 off Ebay, the camera never came and the lady disappeared that sold it to me, but PayPal was able to recover 480 from her. That was a real setback since she had 50 + reviews and no bad ones. I have had other experiences, if you do buy one off there, be careful and buy their insruance.
                        See that's why. Anyone know of a place to buy refurbished or used Canon cameras from a solid retailer not an individual?
                        CheckSix

Comment

Re: I'm within 2 days from buying a F717

Well I'm within two or mabye three days from purchasing a Sony F717.
                          Anyone know of a place to buy refurbished or used Canon cameras from a solid retailer not an individual?
                          wow. that was fast. :P

Comment

Re: I'm within 2 days from buying a F717

Originally posted by JeffinDEN
                            Well I'm within two or mabye three days from purchasing a Sony F717.
                            Anyone know of a place to buy refurbished or used Canon cameras from a solid retailer not an individual?
                            wow. that was fast. :P

Just reassessing my options...
                            CheckSix

Comment

HP

I am buying an HP Photosmart 945 next week... 5.24 mp, 7x optical and its about $400+... right in my beginners price range
                              DFW Tower.com

Comment

Working...
                              X