X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CheckSix
    replied
    Originally posted by SWA733Captain
    One tip for 717 users who don't enjoy it's zoom, go to eBay are run a search for the HGD1758 Teleconverter, you'll be glad you did, trust me!
    Hey thanks I'll check it out.

Leave a comment:

• kekadelico
    replied
    Double post.....

Leave a comment:

• kekadelico
    replied
    Those are great pictures
    Thanks!

did order the 717 on Monday night after thinking long and hard about this and possibly geting a used DSLR but I think those pictures back up my decision
    You made the right choise(?)

One tip for 717 users who don't enjoy it's zoom, go to eBay are run a search for the HGD1758 Teleconverter, you'll be glad you did, trust me!
    I know!....I'm going to buy it this christmas

J.D.

Leave a comment:

• SWA733Captain
    replied

Leave a comment:

• CheckSix
    replied
    Those are great pictures. I wouldn't be surprised (but then again, I'm new to this) that most digital cameras, except for the DSLRs may have that same problem. Correct me if I'm wrong.

I did order the 717 on Monday night after thinking long and hard about this and possibly geting a used DSLR but I think those pictures back up my decision. Thanks to everyone for answering my questions. I'll be getting it on Friday or next Monday.

My first camera, other than some junky point and shoot from Wal Mart

Leave a comment:

• kekadelico
    replied
    Hi! The Sony 717 is a fantastic camera . I use it and i think its a very easy to use camera, but it as some problems....like Grain that some times apeears when the light is poor or using to much zoom.

You can see some of my photos taken whit that camera....maybe it would help you decide ....

http://www.jetphotos.net/viewphoto.php?id=194263
    http://www.jetphotos.net/viewphoto.php?id=194320
    http://www.jetphotos.net/viewphoto.php?id=194273

Joćo R.

Leave a comment:

• CheckSix
    replied
    I'm thinking that I am going to go with the 717 and upgrade in a few years perhaps. It would be nice to have a DSLR but at the moment I'm tight on cash. Also I won't have to lug around any lenses.

Leave a comment:

• gdg9
    replied
    HP

I am buying an HP Photosmart 945 next week... 5.24 mp, 7x optical and its about $400+... right in my beginners price range

Leave a comment:

• CheckSix
    replied
    Re: I'm within 2 days from buying a F717

Originally posted by JeffinDEN
    Originally posted by CheckSix
    Well I'm within two or mabye three days from purchasing a Sony F717.
    Anyone know of a place to buy refurbished or used Canon cameras from a solid retailer not an individual?
    wow. that was fast. :P

Just reassessing my options...

Leave a comment:

• JeffinDEN
    replied
    Re: I'm within 2 days from buying a F717

Well I'm within two or mabye three days from purchasing a Sony F717.
    Anyone know of a place to buy refurbished or used Canon cameras from a solid retailer not an individual?
    wow. that was fast. :P

Leave a comment:

• CheckSix
    replied
    Originally posted by AIRLNRGUY
    Well I'm kind of worried about buying on eBay.
    LOL, I bought one for 550 off Ebay, the camera never came and the lady disappeared that sold it to me, but PayPal was able to recover 480 from her. That was a real setback since she had 50 + reviews and no bad ones. I have had other experiences, if you do buy one off there, be careful and buy their insruance.
    See that's why. Anyone know of a place to buy refurbished or used Canon cameras from a solid retailer not an individual?

Leave a comment:

• AIRLNRGUY
    replied
    Well I'm kind of worried about buying on eBay.
    LOL, I bought one for 550 off Ebay, the camera never came and the lady disappeared that sold it to me, but PayPal was able to recover 480 from her. That was a real setback since she had 50 + reviews and no bad ones. I have had other experiences, if you do buy one off there, be careful and buy their insruance.

Leave a comment:

• SWA733Captain
    replied
    Well I'm kind of worried about buying on eBay. You don't know what your getting until you've got it. It could be a piece of junk and the people are lying, but then there's the ratings. It doesn't look like some of them come with warranties, so if there's the single dreaded moment then well... you're finished.
    Don't be. I've bought all of my camera crap except for the camera itself off eBay. Never had a problem!

Leave a comment:

• Thomas
    replied
    If you're very, very lucky you can get a D30 with warranty at eBay. Those are mostly sold by 2nd hand dealers. I even saw a new, unused D30 a couple of weeks ago. However, it cost alomost as much as the 300D (Digital Rebel).

Thomas

PS: I can agree with the opinions above. Get a DSLR. Even if it's used camera with a cheap Canon lens--you'll play in a whole different league.

Leave a comment:

• CheckSix
    replied
    Well I'm kind of worried about buying on eBay. You don't know what your getting until you've got it. It could be a piece of junk and the people are lying, but then there's the ratings. It doesn't look like some of them come with warranties, so if there's the single dreaded moment then well... you're finished.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X