• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Philippe Cano
    replied
    What Image Stabilzer is ?

Try this link :

landing 08L (1/15s...). F-GUGB. Airbus A318-111. JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Canon EOS10D EF70-200 f2.8 IS 1/15s IS mode 2

Ok it's a L serie, but even at f2.8 try to shoot at 1/15s... thanks to IS

Philippe Cano

Leave a comment:

• LN Strike Eagle
    replied
    egll - just looked at the link of yours to your Concorde pics and must say they're highly impressive. Especially the shots where shes being towed at the maintenance centre, never got any of them myself! (Only got pics of her on finals. Great link.

Leave a comment:

• egll
    replied
    Clovis, catch me on MSN if you want-I have the 170-500 and the 75-300 on a D30 if it helps.

Matt

Leave a comment:

• Leftseat86
    replied
    Dan, I have an exam Sat morning (8-12) Then I'll spend afternoon and night with your twat crack ho @ss

-Clovis

Leave a comment:

• BA747-436
    replied
    hahaha bring it boy, didnt think you could get sat off?
    Looking foreward to seeing you guys. Not looking foreward to 11 hours flight though :P

Leave a comment:

• Leftseat86
    replied
    Nah I think I'll just steal yours on Saturday you twat

-Clovis

Leave a comment:

• BA747-436
    replied
    100-400 L ?

Leave a comment:

• Leftseat86
    replied
    I would rather have something sharp in the 300mm range if possible, then a longer but softer lens.
    I thought about the 70-200, its nice...but I need more than 200 Radomir Maybe next year though .

-Clovis

Leave a comment:

• DamienB
    replied
    I found the 170-500's focusing speed and accuracy totally unacceptable on a D60, so it's probably exactly the same on a D30.

Leave a comment:

• philip
    replied
    I wouldnŽt take the 300mm IS one. You dont really need it. IŽd go for Sigma 135-400. Tried it once and its quite nice.

Leave a comment:

• Radomir
    replied
    Canon 70-200 f/4 beats all of the abovementioned ones... same price range... not as much reach though ("only" 200mm)...

Leave a comment:

• Leftseat86
    started a topic What lens to get....

What lens to get....

Okay...I will have enough money with my new job for a D30 and kit by xmas or even sooner.

Now I'm trying to decide what lens to get.

I'm debating between:

-Canon 75-300 III IS ~500$

-Canon 75-300 III non-IS ~300$

-Sigma 170-500 APO ~500$

-Sigma 135-400 APO ~450$

I doubt I need IS that much, I seem to do fine without it, and although it may be nice to have, i dont think the extra 200$ is worth it.
    On ebay a store is selling both Sigmas at those prices for Canon EF new.
    500mm would be very nice, I know Gary Watt uses that lens with his D30, but I heard it is quite a beast of a lens, and I dunno if carrying a bazooka on my camera all the time would be best around here. I'm also unsure if the two Sigmas are as sharp as the Canon, and if they AF as fast.
    For a short lens I think the 28-135 IS will do me fine

Can anyone shed any info?

-Clovis
Working...
X