Spotters Dream---Air Force 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spotters Dream---Air Force 1

I have aparantly lost my bid to be the first at JP to get a pic of AF1 in Orlando. (BTW, great shots Steve Kurtz). Where on the property did you shoot those from Steve? I'm assuming you work there and had a good vanatage point?

Also....are spotters choices generally limited even more than usual when AF1 is at the local airport? I have a permit from the MCO aviation authority to shoot from the 9th floor of the parking garage, but Im sure that's off limits when the blue bird is in town.

Should I even try asking the aviation authority when AF1 is in town, or will they just kick me out?

Honestly I think it would be better to at least ask. Its better to let them know that you're gonna be there, than to have any kind of a situation develop where you're forced to go talk to them, rather than doing it on your own free will.

Comment

Sam, what aviation authority are you going to talk to? I have tried in the past, and find that they will acknowledge the President's arrival, but will only give you an approximate "window" on the time. Usually around a three to four hour window at that.

I just keep an ear to the local news for the arrival time. If you get close enough, you will be checked out by the Secret Service or police dept. anyway.

Jeff

Comment

Working...
      X