A fake on fire...!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A fake on fire...!

I have no idea as to how that will look on your monitor. An un-calibrated 15" laptop tft display does it no justice from my point of view. Saw this today while driving around SLC. Fun to watch, brings back memories.....
    :P

Jeff

The shot looks okay but there seems to be some heat distortion.

I've seen photos of that training device before and I'm always struck by the absurdity of it having full size doors and a catwalk. I've heard a lot of CVR tapes recorded while an accident was in progress and I've never once heard a pilot say, "We're going to hit, deploy the catwalk!" On the other hand you have to applaud the airport fire crew for at least holding training exercises that just might result in lives being saved one day.

Comment

That's an awesome picture. Too bad about the heat distortion, but I guess when you're photographing fire, its a bit difficult to get away from Would be an even better shot if the mountains in the background were clear. Great shot none the less....man I miss being around mountains.

Comment

So, are you submitting it, so that it can sit alongside the fire engine picture!

Andy

Comment

Beat me to it Andy you bad man.
          Now if it was upside down and burning then it would have a chance!!
          Nice photo Jeff!!
          I thik you should put in in the DB but i cant figure out which airline it is?
          Maybe some suggestions?
          China Airlines is mine!!

Take it easy
          Darren

Comment

You know there WAS a fire engine just out of the frame to the left, but it was sitting on it's wheels, so I figured it would ruin the shot!

Jeff

Comment

Jeff,

You should have just kicked the truck over and then added it to the shot.

Comment

Working...
              X