Rejected for Horizon Unlevel...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rejected for Horizon Unlevel...

This photo was rejected for "Horizon Unlevel." Should I just rotate it like one degree or what? Any tips? I thought it was a decent photo...

DFW Tower.com

Trust the construction workers. Rotate it until the poles are straight up and down.
    Try to catch me flyin dirty...

Comment

hi gregory,

i rotated it 1,4 degrees and played a bit around with the contrast!
      here is the result:

also the pic is a bit too bright for my taste! try to underexposure -1/3 or more on sunny days

cheers,
      bernd

Comment

Originally posted by mikecweb
        Trust the construction workers. Rotate it until the poles are straight up and down.
        ROFLMAO!!!

Gerardo
        My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

Horizons

Thanks for the tips guys... this was my first day out with the camera... I am getting used to things. Next time I'll adjust the light settings. Appreciate the help!
          DFW Tower.com

Comment

Originally posted by LX-A343
            ROFLMAO!!!

Gerardo
            Hey Gerardo, you said ROFLMAO!! Not too often I hear an 'old' person say that. :P
            "The Director also sets the record straight on what would happen if oxygen masks were to drop from the ceiling: The passengers freak out with abandon, instead of continuing to chat amiably, as though lunch were being served, like they do on those in-flight safety videos."

-- The LA Times, in a review of 'Flightplan'

Comment

ROFLMAO!!!

Gerardo
              I try.
              Try to catch me flyin dirty...

Comment

Originally posted by indian airlines
                Hey Gerardo, you said ROFLMAO!! Not too often I hear an 'old' person say that. :P
                Why do you think that is T? :P :P

Comment

ROFLMAO!!!

Gerardo
                  ¨

What do you mean with 'old' person???

Gerardo

Comment

How old are you?

I was guessing somewhere in the late thirties early forties.
                    "The Director also sets the record straight on what would happen if oxygen masks were to drop from the ceiling: The passengers freak out with abandon, instead of continuing to chat amiably, as though lunch were being served, like they do on those in-flight safety videos."

-- The LA Times, in a review of 'Flightplan'

Comment

How old are you?

I was guessing somewhere in the late thirties early forties.
                      And that does make me old? Hey, I was ROFLMAOing long before you were .... errr .... OK, I guess, I am A BIT older than others here

Cheerio
                      Gerardo

Comment

gdg9,

How's this look?

Comment

Spotting some antialiassing and/or artifacts along the straight edges.
                          Could be compression artifacts or signs of oversharpening, otherwise looks nice.

Comment

Help needed.

EDIT: For some reason this post ended up here while I replied to this topic: Who needs help with their scans / rejects?? We can help you! in the Digital Photo Processing Forum. For some weird reason it ended up here. Could a mod please move this post and the followups to the correct forum.
                            Guess this problem also has to do with the fact that I alwasy have to login when I go to a next thread and such eventhough I set login automaticly on. This is the only phpBB2 with this prob. Had it once before and had to do with the mysql server on the webserver.

Sorry again for the werid place to post this.

EDIT2: Links to 2nd image updated.

Hi,

Can anyone help with these images. They have to much grain, I don't know why, cause the images I uploaded didn't appear to have that much grain as the JP.net manipulated version (copyright added).
                            JP.net rejected image
                            Uploaded image
                            Original image

JP.net rejected image
                            Uploaded image
                            Original image

Note: Originals are around 1.32Mb and uploaded versions are around 0.65Mb.

Could you email or FTP the full size images to me, I don't think they'll be allowed since they are to big. I always save @ >= 98% JPEG quality.
                            It would also be nice to post the steps taken, tips on how to get rid of the grain so I, and the rest who doesn't know yet, can do it myself in the future.

Thanks,

Michael
                            Profile | AVIATION-PHOTOGRAPHY.nl

Comment

Gave it a go xiphias, all i did was adjust brightness and contrast and gave it some USM.

Comment

Working...
                              X