Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maximum Upload Size Changed

Hi all,

Due to numerous requests, the maximum upload size for landscape photos has been changed from 1024 pixels in width to 1600 pixels.

Hope this helps some of you!
    Trump is an idiot!
    Vote Democrats!!

about to use the re-upload feature now!

next trips
    USA/DXB August.

Comment

good, now everyone can right click, save, and print those pictures without having to ask for permission..

Comment

Originally posted by JeffinDEN
        good, now everyone can right click, save, and print those pictures without having to ask for permission..
        my thoughts exactly! anyway, some shots look better when larger...
        greetings,
        Philip

Comment

why? how will the size make a difference?
          "The Director also sets the record straight on what would happen if oxygen masks were to drop from the ceiling: The passengers freak out with abandon, instead of continuing to chat amiably, as though lunch were being served, like they do on those in-flight safety videos."

-- The LA Times, in a review of 'Flightplan'

Comment

If you don't want to upload your photos at 1600, there's nothing stating you have to.

Some people wanted that ability, and the sole purpose behind this change was to give it to them. If you don't like it, don't do it.

Personally, if someone wants to print out one of my photos and hang it in their own home, that's fine by me. No different than making it their background in my eyes.
            Trump is an idiot!
            Vote Democrats!!

Comment

Originally posted by Longreach747
              about to use the re-upload feature now!
              This probably didn't work for you.. to be honest, I hadn't thought about the reupload feature.

I've fixed it now so reuploading photos should work up to 1600px in width.
              Trump is an idiot!
              Vote Democrats!!

Comment

It's quite a bit of a dilemma in my opinion. I know that some people have their monitor resolutions at 1600px & they'll definitely benefit from this new rule. However, I reckon most monitors are still set to 1024px. Those guys will have to scroll around or resize the file to enjoy it.

I actually went the opposite way & started to upload my photos at 970px so that the edges aren't cut off by the browser window. I wonder though what my photos look like on 1600x1200 screens.

Thomas

Comment

It's beyond me why anyone would run their monitor at or below 1024pixels. I run in 1152, that way a 1024 image fits nicely within the screen. I like some photos that are 1600 (if of course, they are of quality) because of the level of detail you get.
                  I seriously doubt it makes much difference piracy wise. If someone wants to steal your photo, they will, I doubt 600 extra pixels will make much of a difference.

-Clovis

Comment

I like this new change but you can tell if the pic is soft more easily. :P

Comment

chris,
                      i reuploaded some shots before you mentioned the reupload changes, do i need to do them again or are they in the Q?

thanks.

i run my screen at 1600x1200, then again it's a 21inch monitor!

next trips
                      USA/DXB August.

Comment

It's beyond me why anyone would run their monitor at or below 1024pixels.

My monitor (flat screen) has a maximum resolution of 1024x768.

Comment

I would never use a flatscreen to edit, because they do not give the same color and overall representation as a CRT.

CRT's only

-Clovis

Comment

I would never use a flatscreen to edit, because they do not give the same color and overall representation as a CRT
                            now i know why my photos are so bad........

well i guess my photos are bad anyway
                            My New Photo Name on JP.net is DutchAviation!!!!

why should we fight about wich aircraft manufactor is better..............

thats so childish....

because hey we all know boeing is better

Comment

I seriously doubt it makes much difference piracy wise. If someone wants to steal your photo, they will, I doubt 600 extra pixels will make much of a difference.
                              Oh yes it does!

Ok, try printing out a picture that is 424 pixels wide (minus 600 pixels)
                              It's pretty crap, eh?

Remember: 300dpi industry standard.
                              1600 px wide? ...you're not far away from 1800px which = 6 inches of high quality.... if you pardon the expression....
                              That's why I'm not going above 1024px at this time

Gerry

Comment

Working...
                              X