Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Going to upload a lot in weeks to come. AutoFill Q help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Longreach747
    replied
    Originally posted by Darren Howie
    G'day Sam
    Look forward to flying you whereever you want to go and thanks for the comment.
    Sounds like it would work well Monty.
    WOuldn't you just kill for a Canon 1200!!
    All the best guys and have a great New Year where ever you may be.
    Take care
    Darren
    i'd rather keep the money than spend it on a 1200mm lens!

http://www.dvinfo.net/canon/images/images17.php

Leave a comment:

• Darren Howie
    replied
    G'day Sam
    Look forward to flying you whereever you want to go and thanks for the comment.
    Sounds like it would work well Monty.
    WOuldn't you just kill for a Canon 1200!!
    All the best guys and have a great New Year where ever you may be.
    Take care
    Darren

Leave a comment:

• Longreach747
    replied
    i am keen to use it when the planes fly past my house on departure to Singapore, usually by the time they commence the right turn they are at 2500-3000 feet, in the arvo it should work well with the setting sun.

Leave a comment:

• Darren Howie
    replied
    Very true!!
    I took this pic this arvo down at Brighton beach.About a kilometer to the south of the Novotel looking toward the city.

Doesnt look to bad considering i am about 4-5Km's from the 74 and it was pretty hazy.
    You will definitely have some fun.
    Take it easy
    Darren

Leave a comment:

• Longreach747
    replied
    Originally posted by Darren Howie
    G'day Craig
    I drive the grey Fairmont Ghia old model and i should stand out hauling that bloody 500mm Sigma around.
    Look forward to meeting you in person over the airport soon.
    Do you know what that 707 was?
    Corporate?
    Take care and have a great New Year!
    Darren
    wont be hauling it around for much longer!

Leave a comment:

• Sam Chui
    replied
    Hey Darren

Thanks for the kind words. I heard about you from Glenn Stewart and others, initially I thought you are Mark Howarth, another friend on MSN called "Howie" and got me confused a little bit with the likewise of names.

I am sure we'll meet up someday at Sydney. Or perhaps you will be the driver on my next Dash 8 flight (those silly mileage runs)

Great photos!

Sam

Leave a comment:

• Darren Howie
    replied
    G'day Craig
    I drive the grey Fairmont Ghia old model and i should stand out hauling that bloody 500mm Sigma around.
    Look forward to meeting you in person over the airport soon.
    Do you know what that 707 was?
    Corporate?
    Take care and have a great New Year!
    Darren

Leave a comment:

• craigmurray
    replied
    Sam - my comment about oversharpening was a general one relating to places elsewhere on the net. I prefer a smooth, clear image that doesn't look way oversharpened and try to keep my own shots looking that way.

For example, this image http://www.jetphotos.net/viewphoto.php?id=203069 was rejected elsewhere for being too soft, rather than making it look oversharp I will only offer it for viewing here at jetphotos.

Darren, thanks for the kind words - I always look for a Dash 8 in the carpark when I'm at the airport wondering if you're out taking photos so I can wander over and say G'day.... perhaps I'm looking for the wrong type of vehicle!!

Leave a comment:

• Darren Howie
    replied
    G'day Sam
    Great news that you will post many of your pics here indeed.
    Between yourself and Craig Murray i have reieved enough inspiration for a lifetime.
    Hope to meet you over at the airport one afternoon catching some turning birds at low level.
    All the best and looking forward to seeing your photo's.
    Take care
    Darren Howie

Leave a comment:

• Sam Chui
    replied
    Hi guys, thanks, really appreciated!

In Feb 7-9 weekend , me and a friend will do some non-rev on Delta last minute weekend European trip, if it come up with MAN or AMS or LGW, I will post it here for help.

Cheers,
    Sam

Leave a comment:

• Spotter
    replied
    Sam, welcome to the site. I have allways admired your shots, and I can only dream of traveling that much.

and for the rest, read jasons story and replace MAN with AMS

Leave a comment:

• v1images
    replied
    Welcome Sam! Nice to see your going to be uploading your great work here . Cant wait to see some of your shots in the que!

P.S next time your ever visiting MAN (Even thought you didnt go too long ago) give me a shout, it would be a pleasure to meet up with you .

Leave a comment:

• Thomas
    replied
    Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• LX-A343
    replied
    Of course you didn't see it in "Der Spiegel". Because it was in the magazine "Stern"

Sorry, my fault!!

It's the edition nr. 1, 23.12.2003, page 38/39

Cheers
    Gerardo

Leave a comment:

• Thomas
    replied
    I saw your photo of the Concorde beeing ferried over the Hudson river on a double side picture in the German magazine "Der Spiegel".

Gerardo, do you remember which edition? I just had a look at Monday's edition (22 December) & couldn't find anything.

Thomas

Leave a comment:

Working...
X