Filters for F717

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Filters for F717

I'd like to get a filter (probably a sky light or UV or something), to give to added protection. I was told that the filters aren't always needed. What would you recommend for the F717. I think that you can use any 58 mm filter on it. I don't need the latest and greatest. I'm basically looking for something to give some added protection to the lens. Thanks!
    CheckSix

Equipment: A camera (who gives a rip about the brand?)

I use a UV i got off eBay just to protect the lens when i'm not using my teleconverter, which isn't too often. eBay is your best bet, you can get anything for a cheap price!

Comment

I'll run over and check it out. Thanks
      CheckSix

Comment

Originally posted by SWA733Captain
        I use a UV i got off eBay just to protect the lens when i'm not using my teleconverter, which isn't too often. eBay is your best bet, you can get anything for a cheap price!
        I bought my cam from a store via ebay including teleconverter and filters. With any of the filters I need to zoom a bit to loose the ring. As for the teleconverter, I used it on my trip to Honolulu ad the back end of my Maui holiday and out of the 250 pics taken 300 were bad Only those without the teleconverter were good. The teleconverter gave all planes sort of a shadow behind them, realy SUXX!!!!! big time. All my pics of planes which never make it to europe and the USAF fighters and transports all waisted.
        What's your experiance with the teleconverter?

Thanks,

Michael
        Profile | AVIATION-PHOTOGRAPHY.nl

Comment

Yeah, you bought a pack from an eBay store. Not suprising that they're all bad. I bought everything separate and only bought Sony stuff. There's a lot of cheap converters going around for the 717 on eBay. BTW, you also can't use the converter and a filter at the same time.

Comment

Why bother?
            I've been using a '707 for 18 months.

For the past 20 years I've placed a UV or Skylight 1B onto my old film SLR lenses for protection, but nothing dramatic ever happened.
            Maybe I'm just lucky.

My '707 lens is still 100% pristine. Just be careful with the camera.
            It's a very good lens.

Gerry

Comment

Yeah, the whole reason is basically for protection. I was told they didn't do much too.

It seems to me that the lens cap touches the lens. Does that seem to you that it does? I'm super careful when I put the cap back on for that reason. Hey, I'm super careful with the whole camera!

I think I may go with a cheap UV.
              CheckSix

Comment

Working...
              X