A Beginners Question...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Beginners Question...

I have a question about focusing. When shooting, do you focus on an area in front of the plane and wait for the plane to enter, and then shoot. Or do you follow the plane in moving the camera, wouldn't that have a bad effect? I'm just wondering because when I focused in on an area of the runway the plane would roll through, it never really focused on the plane. I have a Kodak DX6490 with a 380mm lens. Was just wondering what would be best, since I've only been out there once and was wondering.
    Tanner Johnson - Owner
    twenty53 Photography

Always pan with the aircraft and when you see the picture you want in your viewfinder, click the shutter. If you wait for the aircraft to enter the viewfinder the background will be still and the aircraft would likely be blurry, unless your using some super high shutter speed.

Comment

Thanks for the fast reply, I'm gonna try to get out to CVG this weekend to get some shots; perhaps tomorrow.
      Tanner Johnson - Owner
      twenty53 Photography

Comment

You follow the plane cos then, the shot is gunna come out blurry if you don't. I thought you would of known that m8? I learnt that before I even started aircraft photography

This is my 100th post if anyone cares!?

Comment

Dale,
          The guy asked an honest question. He got an honest answer, not everyone is as "advanced" as you are in their photography skills.

I don't think anyone really cares about how many posts we have here.

but, I could be wrong.

Comment

Hey sorry 'JeffinDEN', but I was just making a point.

Like I said I don't think I'm better than anyone on this forum.

kaddyuk has already given you a good rippin' so you can't say much yourself m8

Oh yeah, the 100 post thing was just if anyone cares. I didn't want a reply about it, thanks anyway though m8

Comment

Originally posted by G-DALE
              Asphictersayswhat?

Comment

Originally posted by JeffinDEN
                Asphictersayswhat?
                LMFAO!

This is gonna take me a while to decide which of those is funnier!

Comment

You follow the plane cos then, the shot is gunna come out blurry if you don't.
                  Not really, if you have a shutter speed of around 1/500 you don't have to pan.

Comment

Not really that true. It all depends on your zoom and how far you are from the subject.
                    Try to catch me flyin dirty...

Comment

Yes we know that Grant! I think we're just talking about if you have a normal camera here

Comment

Yes we know that Grant! I think we're just talking about if you have a normal camera here
                        Maybe some people don't. You need to take your "I know it all attitude" and go to another thread. I asked a simple question and I don't need you bothering the people trying to help. If you're not gonna help then leave.
                        Tanner Johnson - Owner
                        twenty53 Photography

Comment

No, I'm not tryna start an argument here with anyone. I know you was just asking a simple question. I haven't got that, 'I think I know it all attitude' at all. I don't wanna start fighting with you over it m8

Comment

Dale,

Here's an idea - to stay out of deeper sh*t, just stop replying to this thread, ok?
                            "The Director also sets the record straight on what would happen if oxygen masks were to drop from the ceiling: The passengers freak out with abandon, instead of continuing to chat amiably, as though lunch were being served, like they do on those in-flight safety videos."

-- The LA Times, in a review of 'Flightplan'

Comment

OK, I'll stop from now on but I just wanted to say, "I don't want to fall out with you over it".

Comment

Working...
                              X