First Photo here ever!!! like it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Photo here ever!!! like it?

finally got my digital camera for christmas, so my trip to texas was well documented! this is my first photo i've ever submitted here, but i've got a lot more... what do you think?

my photo!

glad to be a part of this amazing site.

thanks... got a few more in the queue, i'll let you know if they get approved.

I shoot with a Canon Powershot S50... not a dSLR, but a very nice point and shoot. Very versatile.

EDIT

Thought you might like this one... for some reason it's not showing the plane type... i'll fix it.

Comment

Hi Ben, I hate to be so negative but I wouldn't get too hopeful about that second shot It's nice and sharp and the light on the control tower is good-but that jetway number 70 is probably gonna make it a reject, its just gets in the way too much and spoils what is otherwise a nice picture, there isn't much you can do about it either.

I do like that wing view shot though, very atmospheric

Matt
      My gallery of transport and travel pictures.

Click Here to view my photos at RailPictures.Net!

Comment

Nice wingshot
        Regards
        Soren Madsen

Spotting guide to CPH www.cphaviation.dk

Comment

interesting that you folks don't like the jetway... my feeling is that it gives the photo a bit deeper space, but of course, the photo screeners are the final judges there.

Either way, i do like that first pic.

thanks for the feedback.

Comment

Ok, i'm going to try and avoid putting my photograpic foot in my mouth again. I'll post something here if one of my photos gets accepted. This is a lot harder than it looks!

Thanks again for the support.

Comment

no, it is easier then you think... :P

Comment

Well, i'm in a funny situation. I'm no spotter. I'd like to be, but i don't know where to begin. I've never had a digital camera, nor did i have the money to spend on rolls of film.

I've always loved airplanes though, and now that I can take pictures of them, I've sort of become a spotter, I suppose, but i don't know that i would identify myself as such... I'm more of a photographer (been shooting landscapes, portraits, and such for years) who is now photographing airplanes. It's an odd place to be, and it's hard to get into the spotter mindset (no jetways, etc... I look for a nice composition before i look for a good identification of an airplane.)

I'll get better though, I promise. Going to pick up a friend at the airport tomorrow, and I'll be getting there early to see what I can see.

Comment

Originally posted by JeffinDEN
                  no, it is easier then you think... :P
                  Agreed. My advice would be to take a close look at the photos that are already in the database and you will get a good impression of what the JP.net standards are. Don't worry if your first attempts are rejected, we all have rejections, just make sure you keep practising with the equipment you have.

Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Spiffae
                    I'm no spotter. I'd like to be, but i don't know where to begin. I've never had a digital camera, nor did i have the money to spend on rolls of film.

I've always loved airplanes though, and now that I can take pictures of them, I've sort of become a spotter, I suppose, but i don't know that i would identify myself as such... I'm more of a photographer (been shooting landscapes, portraits, and such for years) who is now photographing airplanes.
                    Yes, you are now a spotter. Maybe just a beginner, but a spotter none the less. Photographers are what most of the people submitting images here want to be, but have a long way to go. Some have the equipment, but lack the skill, others have the skill, but could use some better equipment.

Just use your photography skills to show us something nice....with an airplane in it... Not everyone will enjoy every picture, but most likely someone will find something to like in each one.

Comment

I don't know I sorta like that one with the Jetway. Even though its not a typical shot that these airplane sites like it does have some photographic qualities that can be appreciated.
                      Try to catch me flyin dirty...

Comment

once again, thanks for the kind words. I suppose i am a beginner spotter now.

So, where to begin? Is there some "So you want to be a spotter" website or anything, where i can find tricks and rules of the hobby? This seems like a pretty cool little thing you folks have got going here.

Ben

Comment

Originally posted by Spiffae
                          So, where to begin? Is there some "So you want to be a spotter" website or anything, where i can find tricks and rules of the hobby?
                          Well obviously any questions you have you can ask here. Also try to get some books on general photography, you'll learn a lot and it will help towards improving your aviation photography.

Comment

Love that ERJ shot! Great clarity, and I like the sunlight shining down on the city.

Comment

Great pics! I especially like the one with downtown Houston in the distance (your first one).

Cathay Pacific - The Heart of Asia

Comment

Working...
                              X