Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jetphotos.net : Home of the over the wing photo!!??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jetphotos.net : Home of the over the wing photo!!??

Hi All,

just one of those thread starters that I felt would be interesting.

Having followed this site for a while now, (and also being a screener!) I notice that this website, compared to others, seems to have found a home for photos taken by enthusiasts whilst in-flight of

Runways
    Aircraft
    Terminals
    Remote Stands
    Cities
    Clouds
    Towns
    etc etc etc

You get the point. Whilst I very much enjoy this type of photo, I wonder where and why this type of photo style seems to have emerged here? If you look at your own photos, or at the most popular pics, you always seem to find those good old out of the aircraft shots hogging the top of the pile.

Interesting, anyone have any thoughts?

Andrew

No idea...we seem to have a viewing base who enjoy wing views more than anything...nevermind the fact that I find them to very boring *most* of the time. Taking a really good wing shot is an art.

-Clovis

Comment

Clovis,

That's true, taking a wing shot is not the easiest thing to do in the world. Takes some skill.

Andrew

Comment

Has anyone posted an over-the-wing shot with Southwest's winglets?
        Follow me on Twitter! www.twitter.com/flyingphotog

Comment

Somebody call.. :P

Click Here to view my pathetic attempts at Aviation photography!
          View the Darkside

Comment

I've also noticed this wingview "trend"...all my 500+ hit photos are wingviews.
            I've also found that wingviews are quite often quite of an opinion deviders, other just don't like them and other just love them. Personally I prefer wingviews, especially nice dark blue skies or sunsets.

Btw. How many of you have a wingview-shot that shows your house?
            I have one.
            [photoid=174283]
            http://ovp.fi

Comment

I found it interesting/weird a few weeks ago when I was browsing the most recent window view pics. four straight pages of different shots from different photogs on different flights all had at least 450 views each. Some of these shots were your average wing shot, too. It seemed weird to me because most shots get an average of around 180 views (or something like that. not sure).

O well, I for one enjoy wing views

My Photos On Jetphotos.net

Comment

Originally posted by Leftseat86
                No idea...we seem to have a viewing base who enjoy wing views more than anything...nevermind the fact that I find them to very boring *most* of the time. Taking a really good wing shot is an art.

-Clovis
                I don't agree with Clovis on much but this I do agree. Wing shots (even the good ones) bore me to tears. Though overflights of airports/airfields do spark my interest somewhat.

Haphazard flight deck/cabin shots are two other catagories that I fly past when reviewing the latest thumbnails. Only a few have ever succeded imo in getting it right when it comes to flight deck shots. Namely, Jan Morgren, Vasco Garcia and a Spanish based shooter who's name I seem to have forgotten at the moment as well as Julien Whitelaw from South Africa (who I believe is a Captain or F/O for SAA).

Thomas
                Click Here to view my aircraft photos at JetPhotos.Net!

Comment

Thomas, I'm gutted that my flightdeck shots don't warrant a mention! Blood, sweat and tears I tell ya (plus odd looks as I take my tripod through security)!

It suprises me too that a shot snapped of the cabin or the wing with nothing of note beyond it rates so well here. A.net ain't far behind, my highest hits there are of a First Class cabin, well and above what I think is some of my best work!

Oh well.

Comment

For what it's worth, Anthony, I absolutely LOVE your flight deck shots.
                    Trump is an idiot!
                    Vote Democrats!!

Comment

Originally posted by AJ
                      Thomas, I'm gutted that my flightdeck shots don't warrant a mention! Blood, sweat and tears I tell ya (plus odd looks as I take my tripod through security)!

It suprises me too that a shot snapped of the cabin or the wing with nothing of note beyond it rates so well here. A.net ain't far behind, my highest hits there are of a First Class cabin, well and above what I think is some of my best work!

Oh well.
                      Don't take offense AJ. Coming from a photojournalisim background, I am looking for something that has more of an editorial edge to it, you know, a story...i.e. people interacting with their enviorment! Closeups on the instrumentation, an empty flight deck does not do it for me. Then again that is just me and obviously I am in the minority as th shots tend to get mega hits.

Thomas

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Kilroy
                        For what it's worth, Anthony, I absolutely LOVE your flight deck shots.
                        I love them too! God I honor them and put them on my wallpaper.
                        /suck up off.

Killy doin his thang.
                        Legia Warszawa - Duma Stolicy Polski
                        Sail the Smooth Skies to ORD with the 767-300ER

Photos: http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=5
                        http://www.jetphotos.net/members/viewprofile.php?id=5

Comment

I choose to take Chris' compliment, shrug with a confused expression at PolishAir42 and take Thomas' advise.[/patronising tone off]

Thomas, I've started to try more human interaction without breaching privacy. I imagine that posting photos with faces still results in badpeople type rejections?
                          ***<Caution: Link to my own photo follows>***
                          In this shot both the Captain and Second Officer were busy, leaving the S/Os hand 'floating' on the recall switch (over the upper EICAS). I really like the results. Is that what you mean?
                          [photoid=207040]
                          Maybe a shot of me eating my dinner?

BTW, just having a lend with the mock horror.

Comment

Originally posted by AJ
                            I choose to take Chris' compliment, shrug with a confused expression at PolishAir42 and take Thomas' advise.[/patronising tone off]

Thomas, I've started to try more human interaction without breaching privacy. I imagine that posting photos with faces still results in badpeople type rejections?
                            ***<Caution: Link to my own photo follows>***
                            In this shot both the Captain and Second Officer were busy, leaving the S/Os hand 'floating' on the recall switch (over the upper EICAS). I really like the results. Is that what you mean?
                            [photoid=207040]
                            Maybe a shot of me eating my dinner?

BTW, just having a lend with the mock horror.
                            Frankly I like both of those pics, AJ. Indeed your flight deck shots are right up there with Whitelaw's.

In regards to 'people' photos, well, from personal experience, JP, unlike A.Net is more open to 'people' shots. If you look through my portfolio here especially the last 2-3 pages (don't worry, I have a very small 89 photo collection here, so you won't have to wade through a pile of photos) you will see partial and full faces. Least I be accused of trying to increase my hits, I will list a small number of photo id #s (as opposed to a link) for your viewing.

119528 (my personal fav)

Thomas

Comment

That's why we post our photos here!

Quite often in flight I'm a member of the crew so I have to limit my time out of the seat, but on the pictured flight we had a three man crew so I got to play with the camera a little.

P.S. Some great shots there, love the Ansett F.28!

Comment

Working...
                              X