Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the best digital camera for 800€?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Man, even a 10D is only half of 3,000$ For 3,000 I could get a D30, 100-400L and a 1GB CF card!

-Clovis

Comment

T,

Send me $2000 and I'll deliver it in person to you... :P

Jeff

Comment

Originally posted by JeffinDEN
        T,

Send me $2000 and I'll deliver it in person to you... :P

Jeff
        You know what, I may just be able to buy it.

But I'm still confused.
        "The Director also sets the record straight on what would happen if oxygen masks were to drop from the ceiling: The passengers freak out with abandon, instead of continuing to chat amiably, as though lunch were being served, like they do on those in-flight safety videos."

-- The LA Times, in a review of 'Flightplan'

Comment

I'm looking to get a new camera in a week or two when Uncle Sam sends me some money

I was thinking about the Panasonic FZ-10.

But I also didn't realize I could get a D30 for about the same price.

Quick question,The camera I use now has a 10x optical zoom which is fine for the location I do most of my shooting.
          What MM lens would be equivalent to 10x zoom and how much would it cost?

The FZ-10 has 4mp and 12x optical zoom,but I'm sure a D30 would probably blow it away even with nearly 25% less MP.

But,the FZ-10 would be brand new and ready to shoot for $600.
          The D30 would probably be used and need lenses and cost a couple hundred more.

TIA for any help
          Scott
          "It's better to keep ones mouth shut and be thought a fool, then to open it and remove all
          doubt."

Click Here to view my aircraft photos at JetPhotos.Net!

Comment

Scott,

"10x" in 35mm terms could be 28-280, 50-500, etc.

It is just wide lens / long lens focal length. A factor of 10.

Comment

So A 28-280 will bring the aircraft as close as 10X does on my current camera?

I'm hoping to have about US$1,000 or so to spend.
              I want to get the best I can for the money.I know it's going to be far from top of the line equipment but I'm currently using an Olympus 2.1MP which I like so anything better then that can't be wrong.

Scott
              "It's better to keep ones mouth shut and be thought a fool, then to open it and remove all
              doubt."

Comment

€800 will NOT get you a 300D, and certainly not one with decent lenses.

That camera with the standard lens only (so NO tele) costs some €1000-1200 in the EU.
                Add a 70-300 or similar and you're up to about €1500.

You might look at a Minolta Dimage 7i or 7hi.
                Used Nikon Coolpix 5700 should also be in that range.

Comment

If you want versatility on a limited budget, then a second-hand D30 is IMHO the way to go.

The thing to remember is that an SLR will need one or two (or more!) lenses to go with it, dedicated battery packs, memory cards, and a decent bag to carry the precious cargo in.

As Clovis says there are some deals to be had on E-bay...

Cheers!

Rez

Comment

Hi! Thanks for your awnsers! I will speak whit him

P.S - 800€ is about 790/800 US Dollars.

João R.
                    "Fly To The Azores Islands"

Comment

Originally posted by jwenting
                      €800 will NOT get you a 300D, and certainly not one with decent lenses.
                      Originally posted by Kekadelico
                      P.S - 800€ is about 790/800 US Dollars
                      Now I am even more confused. Can somebody please tell me the real price of a D30?
                      "The Director also sets the record straight on what would happen if oxygen masks were to drop from the ceiling: The passengers freak out with abandon, instead of continuing to chat amiably, as though lunch were being served, like they do on those in-flight safety videos."

-- The LA Times, in a review of 'Flightplan'

Comment

T,
                        The d30 is a discontinued camera (as is the d60). You are going to have to buy one used, and thus will pay the going rate based on condition of the body, and or any accessories the seller includes.

Your best bet is to check e-bay or any local consignment photo shops.

Comment

Here's one on Ebay now.Only 4 hours left on the auction though and this guy has only 8 feedbacks so I'd be nervous about sending $675.00.

Heres a D60 for only $200.00 more.

Scott
                          doubt."

Comment

Working...
                          X